Generic Medication guide:
What is Bilastine and when is it appointed?
Bilastine is an antihistamine, long-acting medication that doesn’t cause sleepiness. It selectively binds to peripheral H1 receptors and suppresses allergic response. Bilastine is the unpatented name of the medicinal agent which is marketed under a variety of names. For instance, Billargic, Bilaxten, and others. We offer the medication under the name Billargic that is registered by the renowned Indian generic producer Cipla.
Short drug info
US: Not FDA approved
Rx-only in EU
Routes of administration
Use in pregnancy
Insignificant (excreted unchanged)
Urine and feces
The medication is appointed for the suppression of different allergic reactions:
- Allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis (seasonal and year-round);
After a single dosage use, the suppression of skin, eye, and nasal allergic reaction maintains within 24 hours.
Clinical tests of allergic rhinitis treatment show that the use of the medication once a day for 14-28 days significantly improves such symptoms as sneezing, nasal discharges, itching in the nose, nasal congestion, itching, lacrimation and reddening of the eyes. The lowering of the symptoms intensity can be observed just in one hour after pill intake and is maintained for the whole day and night.
If you suffer from allergic reactions such as described above, you can buy Bilastine and use it by just one pill a day to enjoy the improvement of symptoms. However, to fully cure allergy, it is preferable to find out what causes it and eliminate this component from your life. Or, as in the case of pollen that causes seasonal rhinitis and conjunctivitis, minimize exposure and follow recommendations on indoor pollen elimination.
Who should not use Billargic?
You should not buy generic Bilastine in:
- Allergy or severe adverse reactions caused by the pills use;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- For kids aged under 12 years (safety is not established).
How is Bilastine used?
You can buy Billargic and use it for adults or kids aged 12 or more years. The recommended dosage both for allergic rhinitis and urticaria (allergic skin rash) is 20 mg once a day. You can take the pills for as long as needed while the symptoms persist or if you they faded but you are still exposed to an allergen.
A pill should be taken one hour before or two hours after a meal or juice.
- Senior patients do not require dosage adjustments but the data on the pills’ safety in patients over 65 are limited.
- Individuals with kidney dysfunction do not need dosage adjustments.
- Individuals with liver dysfunction do not require dosage adjustments.
Patients with allergic rhinitis should use the pills only when they are exposed to the allergen. In seasonal rhinitis, the use of Bilastine can be discontinued once the intensity of symptoms is reduced and restarted if the symptoms come back.
Patients with year-round allergic rhinitis can use the medication continuously for the periods they are exposed to allergens.
In patients with urticaria, the duration of therapy depends on the nature and duration of the symptoms, as well as their dynamics.
What adverse effects can Bilastine cause?
In clinical trials in patients with allergic rhinitis or chronic idiopathic urticaria, side effects by Bilastine at a dose of 20 mg occurred at about the same frequency as with placebo (12.7 and 12.8%). The results of the studies indicate that when using Bilastine at a dose of 20 mg, adverse reactions such as headache, drowsiness, dizziness and fatigue were most often noted. At approximately the same frequency, these adverse events were detected in patients taking placebo.
The following are adverse reactions whose association with Billargic is recognized, or at least possible, and which were noted in the clinical development program in more than 0.1% of individuals receiving Billargic at a dose of 20 mg.
By frequency, side effects are divided into the following categories: very often (≥1 / 10); often (≥1 / 100 and<1/10); sometimes (≥1 / 1000 and <1/100); rarely (≥1 / 10,000 and <1/1000); very rarely (<1/10 000), unknown (the available data do not allow estimating).
- Infections and parasitic diseases: sometimes - herpes of the oral cavity.
- Violation of nutrition and metabolism: sometimes - increased appetite.
- From the psyche: sometimes - anxiety, insomnia.
- From the side of the organ of hearing and balance: sometimes - tinnitus, dizziness.
- On the part of the cardiovascular system: extended QT interval, irregular heartbeat, and others.
- From the nervous system: often - drowsiness, headache; sometimes dizziness.
- From the respiratory system: sometimes - shortness of breath, discomfort in the nose, dry nose.
- From the digestive system: sometimes - pain in the upper abdomen, abdominal pain, nausea, discomfort in the abdomen, diarrhea, dry mouth, dyspepsia, gastritis.
- On the part of the skin and subcutaneous adipose tissue: sometimes - itching.
- General and local disorders: sometimes fatigue, thirst, aggravation of existing diseases, fever, asthenia.
Can Billargic be used with other medicines?
- When you buy generic Billargic you should know that you must not take it with meals or juice because it reduces by 30% the amount of drug active in the body. You can take a pill one hour before or two hours after a meal. The medication shouldn’t be particularly used with grapefruit juice as it lowers its effectiveness by 30% but other juices may also influence Billargic effect so they shouldn’t be taken with the pills. The effect is due to the ability of fruit components to suppress the activity of activity of a protein - a carrier of organic anions OATP1A2, for which Bilastine is a substrate. Drugs that are substrates or OATP1A2 inhibitors (such as Ritonavir or Rifampicin) can also reduce the concentration of Billargic in blood plasma.
- The use of the medication with ketoconazole or erythromycin causes the raise of maximum concentration of Billargic in the blood 2-3 times.
- The maximum concentration of Bilastine in the blood is increased by 50% in the combined use with Diltiazem.
- The drug doesn’t potentiate the depressive effect of alcohol on the central nervous system. If you take any medicines and are not sure about their combination with Bilastine, consult your physician.
Special recommendations on Billargic use
- Patients with moderate to severe kidney dysfunction should not order Billargic and use it along with inhibitors of P-glycoprotein (ketoconazole, erythromycin, cyclosporine, ritonavir, diltiazem, etc.) as it can lead to an increase in the concentration of Bilastine in blood plasma and, therefore, to an increased risk of its side effects.
- According to the clinical data of Bilastine, the medication doesn’t influence time of reaction and doesn’t cause sleepiness. However, in very rare cases such reactions can develop so it is advised to refrain from driving or operating any heavy machinery during the first days of the medication use while you are getting used to the drug.
Where can you buy Billargic?
You can get the medication cheap if you order generic Billargic by Cipla at our online drugstore. We ship all medicines internationally via standard or express shipping. You can enjoy free shipping if you order any medicines for $170 or more per one parcel.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section