Fungal infections are caused by infection with fungi. Spores are a form of reproduction of fungi, they can be compared with the seeds of plants. Spores are extremely resistant to external influences and can therefore seamlessly exist even after the complete disappearance of the mycelium. They transmit from person to person, leading to the subsequent development of fungal infection.
Thus, the goal of treatment should be the complete destruction of spores, otherwise the disease may occur (recur) with a bang and / or transmitted to other people.
Usually, fungi and yeast are not dangerous. Problems arise because of the low defense system. In humans and animals fungi get a chance only at the skin lesions and at low defense system of the body due to illness or medication.
As fungal infections usually develop in patients with various disorders in the immune defense system (risk factors), their elimination or reduction of expression must be an integral component of treatment and relapse prevention of fungal infections.
In addition to the use of antifungal drugs and elimination of risk factors, a prerequisite of effective treatment of certain invasive fungal infections is timely surgical removal of the affected tissues.
Fungal diseases (fungal infections) occur during the multiplication of specific fungi in the human body. Most often the disease affects the skin and nails of feet. If you suspect a fungus, you should consult a dermatologist who will be able to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment. If you leave this disease unattended, it can move from the affected nail to healthy ones, and then spread to nearby skin or fingernails. To avoid this, you can use internal antifungals like Diflucan, Fulvicin, Glisactin, Sporanox, Nisoral, Lamisil.
Some fungi can affect the deeper layers of the skin and penetrate into the body, provoking deep mycoses. Such illnesses occur usually in people with reduced immunity and chronic diseases as well as during continuous administration of antibiotics.
You can get infected by fungus from animals as well. For example, Ringworm can be picked up from the stray cats and dogs, less likely the source of infection can be other person. You can use Fulvicin, Grisactin, Nisoral or Lamisil to treat this disease.
Dandruff can occur in both men and women and children. According to statistics, 30% of the world’s population has dandruff and 50% at least once in their lives suffered from it. The immediate cause of dandruff in most cases is a fungus but the factors causing its increased reproduction can be quite varied. The main reasons are seborrhea, lowered immunity, chronic infections, hormonal disorders and even improper hair care. You can use such preparation as Nisoral to avoid this disease.
Let’s look at the main indications for the use of the above drugs.
Diflucan is indicated during:
– The system damage caused by fungi Cryptococcus, including septicemia, meningitis, infection of the skin and lungs (including AIDS patients, during organ transplant);
– Prevention of cryptococcal infections in patients with AIDS;
– Generalized candidiasis: disseminated candidiasis, candidemia;
– Mucosal candidiasis;
– Genital candidiasis;
– Prevention of fungal infections in cancer patients against radiation therapy or chemotherapy, prevention of relapse of oropharyngeal candidiasis in patients with AIDS;
– Deep endemic mycoses in patients with normal immune system;
– Skin mycoses.
Fulvicin is indicated during:
– Fungal skin diseases;
– Crusted ringworm(a fungal disease of the skin, mainly of the scalp);
– Parasitic fungal diseases of the scalp;
– Smooth skin (disease of the skin, caused by filamentous fungi, parasites);
– Lesions of the nails (onychomycosis) caused by pathogenic fungi.
Grisactin is indicated during mycoses of the skin, nails, hair:
– Crusted ringworm;
– Mikrosporiya of the scalp;
– Smooth skin;
– Beard and mustache ringworm;
– Athlete’s smooth skin, athlete’s foot;
Lamisil is indicated during:
– Superficial fungal infections;
– Onychomycosis caused by dermatophytes;
– Fungal infection of the scalp;
– Ringworm of the body;
– Candidiasis of legs, feet, skin.
Nizoral is indicated during:
– Fungal infections caused by susceptible pathogens: fungal of digestive tract, eyes, genitals, chronic recurrent vaginal candidiasis, ringworm, onychomycosis, yeast infection, folliculitis, trichophytia and other;
– Systemic fungal infections.
Sporanox is indicated during:
– Vulvovaginal candidiasis, ringworm, pityriasis versicolor, candidiasis of the mucous membranes of the mouth, keratomikoz, onychomycosis caused by dermatophytes or yeast-like fungi;
– Systemic fungal infections - systemic aspergillosis or candidiasis, cryptococcosis and others.
Effect of fungal infections on people living in practically identical ambient conditions is different. In some people fungal infection develops very actively, at others it takes place in a latent form and someone does not get infected at all. The disease can be successfully managed without the risk of complications and side effects. The patient should take antifungal preparations, follow the diet and strengthen the immune system.