Generic Medication guide:
What is Acillin and when is it used?
If your healthcare provider appoints you the therapy with Acillin, you should know that it is based on an antibiotic called Ampicillin. Thus, Acillin is only a trade name that can be different based on the manufacturer.
Ampicillin is a semi-synthetic antibiotic that was first used in the therapy of bacterial infections in 1961 by the British pharmaceutical company Beecham. By its mechanism of action, the antibiotic is similar to penicillin – it is an irreversible inhibitor of transpeptidase, involved in the synthesis of peptidoglycan of the cell wall.
The mediation isn’t broke down in an acid stomach juice and is well absorbed when taken by mouth which makes it one of the preferable antibiotics for home use.
The formulation is active against gram-positive bacteria susceptible to benzylpenicillin. In addition, it acts on a number of gram-negative microorganisms (Salmonella, Shigella, Proteus, Escherichia coli, and others), and is therefore considered as a broad-spectrum antibiotic and is effective for the diseases provoked by a mixed infection.
Arava, Arabloc, Lunava, Repso, Elafra
AU: X (High risk)
US: X (Contraindicated)
Routes of administration
AU: S4 (Prescription only)
UK: POM (Prescription only)
62% ±17% (parenteral)
< 30-55% (oral)
15 to 25%
12 to 50%
Approx. 1 hour
75 to 85% renal
You can buy Acillin to treat:
- Infections of the biliary tract;
- Upper and lower airways infections, lung infections, bronchitis, lung abscess, etc.
- Bacterial meningitis;
- Gastroenteritis caused by Shigella or salmonella, typhoid, and paratyphoid;
- Bacterial endocarditis;
- Infection of the urinary tract;
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues.
Before you buy generic Acillin, it is better to do a susceptibility test to be sure that the infection you developed can be eliminated by this formulation.
In some cases, even if an individual is diagnosed with an infection that can be successfully eliminated by the use of this antibiotic, it can be unreasonable to use it as it could do more harm than good. For instance, it is prohibited to take the antibiotic in:
- High sensitivity manifested in severe adverse effects to Ampicillin or other -lactam antibiotics (penicillins, cephalosporins, carbapenems), as well as to any auxiliary components of the drug.
- Severe liver dysfunction;
- Infectious mononucleosis;
- HIV infection.
The use of this particular antibacterial formulation is undesirable in asthma, seasonal allergic rhino-conjunctivitis, kidney dysfunction, history of bleedings.
Acillin use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the antibacterial medication is possible when a woman expects a baby only if the attending doctor believes that the infection is life-threatening and its therapy will have more benefits than harm to the fetus.
During the use of the formulation, it is recommended to stop breastfeeding as the medication penetrates into the breast milk and can harm the baby.
Acillin dosing recommendations
It is highly advised to buy Ampicillin only if your doctor prescribes you this medication and gives precise instructions on how to use it. However, below you can find the general dosing recommendations from the official instruction.
The pills must be taken orally 30 minutes before or two hours after a meal. The duration of the therapy is selected individually and can be from five days to 3 weeks and even more based on the infection severity, response to the treatment, patient’s age, and kidney function. After the clinical manifestations of the disease are gone, the formulation must be used for more 2-3 days.
The recommended single dosage for adults and children older than 14 is from 250 to 1000 mg taken every six hours. Below you can find the recommended dosages for different diseases.
- Infections of the urinary tract – 500 mg every eight hours.
- Typhoid and paratyphoid – 1000-2000 mg every six hours. In the acute disease, the therapy is continued for two weeks. If a patient is a carrier of the disease but doesn’t have its manifestations, the therapy is continued for 4-12 weeks.
- Uncomplicated gonorrhea is treated with a single 2000 mg dosage of the medication with 1000 mg Probenecid. In women, the course must be repeated.
- Infections of the airways are treated with 250 mg every six hours.
- Pneumonia is treated with 500 mg every six hours.
Children aged older than six years are appointed 100 mg per kg of the body mass. The daily dosage must be split into 4-6 intakes.
People with severe kidney dysfunction with creatinine clearance less than 10 ml per minute require dosage adjustments or extended intervals between the dosage intakes.
Acillin adverse effects
Before you buy generic Ampicillin, make sure to discuss with your doctor the possibility of adverse effects occurrence. Some of the adverse effects are more likely to occur if you have factors that predispose to them.
- Allergy manifested as rash, itching, rhinitis (stuffy or runny nose), fever, joints ache, swelling, and others.
- Nausea, diarrhea, taste changes, ache in the stomach, gums inflammation, dry mouth, disbacteriosis (prevalence of bad flora in the intestines with the adverse effects such as diarrhea, bloating, etc. occurrence), hepatitis, jaundice, etc.
- Tremor, seizures, headache, etc.
- Reversible violations of hemopoiesis (leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, hemolytic anemia, agranulocytosis), interstitial nephritis, superinfection, candidiasis. When using Ampicillin in patients with bacteremia (sepsis), a bacteriolysis reaction is possible.
An overdose of the medication is mainly manifested in the toxic effect to the central nervous system such especially in individuals with kidney failure. These symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
The therapy must include gastric lavage, intake of activated carbon, saline laxatives, maintaining fluid and electrolyte balance, symptomatic therapy, and hemodialysis.
Before you order Acillin, keep in mind that you have to check whether it is compatible or not with the other medications that you use. Here you can find the most notable interactions but for more precise information we recommend you to consult a medical specialist.
- The medication is incompatible with aminoglycosides.
- The use of Allopurinol along with the antibiotic increases the likelihood of skin rash occurrence.
- The antibiotic weakens the effect of estrogen-containing oral birth control. With the use of Ethinyl estradiol-containing medicines, it induces the risk of breakthrough bleeding.
- The formulation enhances the effect of oral anticoagulants and antibiotics of the aminoglycoside group.
- It supplements the action of bactericidal antibiotics such as cephalosporins, vancomycin, and others but mutually interferes with the action of bacteriostatic antibiotics such as tetracyclines, sulfonamides, and others.
- The risk of the elevated level of the antibiotic in the blood is raised by the use of diuretics, Allopurinol, probenecid, tubular secretion blockers, and NSAIDs.
Before you buy Acillin, it is necessary to do a test to see whether you have or do not have increased sensitivity to it or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
During the therapy, it is necessary to do the tests to check that the liver and kidneys’ function isn’t influenced by the antibiotic.
The use of the antibiotic can provoke the development of superinfection especially if the therapy is continuous or repeated. In case of superinfection, the treatment must be ceased and another antibiotic appointed.
It the antibiotic causes mild diarrhea, it is advised to use the medicines to cope with it that do not interfere with the moving range of the bowel. In case severe diarrhea occurs, a patient must go to a doctor.
In bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, and other allergic reactions the antibiotic must be used along with desensitizing agents. When signs of anaphylactic shock appear, urgent measures should be taken.
In the use of big doses in people with kidney function impairment the toxic effect on the central nervous system is possible.
The therapy must be stopped in skin rash occurrence.
During the therapy besides oral birth control barrier contraception is required.
Where can you purchase Acillin?
There are some countries where antibiotics are sold only with Rx but in others they can be bought without it. We offer you to order generic Ampicillin without Rx from our med store and save on the visits to a doctor and the pills themselves as we offer a qualitative and cheap generic.
The drugstore you are visiting now ships internationally including to the U.S., UK, and so on within 7-25 days with the shortest time being common for express shipping and longest for the standard.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section