Generic Medication guide:
What is Yasmin and when can it be taken?
Yasmin is a brand of contraceptives owned by the German pharmaceutical company Bayer. The active agents of the medication are Drospirenone and Ethinylestradiol. The first one is synthetic progesterone and the second one is synthetic estrogen.
The effect is achieved through the inhibition of maturation of the follicle and attachment of a fertilized egg due of the slightly changed lining of uterus and thickening of uterus discharges which makes it hard for sperm even reach the egg.
Combined birth control are used all around the world not only for unwanted pregnancy prevention but also for the treatment of hormonal imbalance that makes menstrual cycle irregular, cause period cramps, acne, and so on.
If you wish to get the product cheaper when you plan to buy Yasmin, you can look for its generic version.
Advantages of Yasmin and its generic over the other combined birth control
Using any approved combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP) women enjoy more established and convenient menstrual cycle, less intense or absent period cramps, lower intensity of period bleeding and thus prevention of risk of low hemoglobin count. Also, some research presumes that they can also diminish the chance of gynecological cancer.
Drospirenone contained in Yasmin has an antimineralocorticoid action and can prevent body mass gain associated with hormonal contraceptives. It also lowers the likelihood of other adverse effects development such as swelling related to estrogen-dependent water retention.
Additional benefits of namely this synthetic type of progestin are antiandrogenic activity and helps reduce acne, oily skin and hair.
Pearl index (an indicator reflecting the pregnancies in a hundred females who use the pills within one year) is less than 1. But it can be higher if a woman misses the tablets.
Contraindications for Yasmin use
Do not buy generic Yasmin and use it if you have or had:
- Myocardial infarction;
- Ischemic heart disease;
- Stroke (including history);
- Brain blood circulation disorders;
- Conditions preceding thrombosis;
- Focal migraine;
- Diabetes with a pronounced impact on the vessels;
- Diseases of the cerebral vessels or coronary arteries;
- Poorly controlled hypertension;
- Severe liver diseases;
- Acute kidney failure;
- Hormone-dependent tumors;
- Genital bleedings of unknown cause;
- Increased sensitivity to the drug’s components.
The formulation is also prohibited for females older than 35 who are active smokers, pregnant and breastfeeding women.
If any of the listed disorders or diseases develop during the tablets use, instant withdrawal is required.
Please read the full instruction from the package when you get the pills because it contains also the list of diseases in which the use is possible but only if a gynecologist approves and with caution.
In this guide we give out the information provided in the instruction in the pack but to make sure you’ll use the pills correctly, please read the official instruction when you buy Drospirenone and Ethinylestradiol.
It must be used daily nearly at the same hour with a small amount of water in the strict order written on the package. The daily dosage is one pill. It must be taken for twenty-one day. The start of the new package is always initiated after a 7–day break following the 21 days of ongoing tablets use. During this break, usually on 2-3rd day, menstruations start. It can continue post the 7-day break but you still must begin the new pack on the 8th day.
- If you haven’t used any hormonal contraceptives before or during the past month, you should begin taking them on the first day of the cycle.
- If you switch from other COCP, you must start Yasmin use the same as the previous pills right on the next day after the last pill of other formulation or after a planned 7-day break of its use.
- If case you had a vaginal ring or patch before Yasmin, begin using the pills on the day the ring is out or patch taken off your skin.
- If you had been using birth controls based only on progestogen or an intra-uterine progestogen system, you can begin taking the tablets on any day after you discontinued using the previous formulation or the disposal of the internal system. However, during the next seven days, it is supplementary birth control is needed.
Use of Yasmin after an abortion or giving birth
- After an abortion in the first trimester of pregnancy, the pills can be started right away without the need of additional birth control.
- After an abortion in the second trimester or after giving birth, the pills are taken starting from the 21-28 day. If you begin taking them later than that, a supplementary birth control is required for the first seven days. However, if a sexual intercourse had already taken place, the use of the medication must be started only after a negative pregnancy test or on the first day of the period.
The use of forgotten pills
If you remembered that you missed the pill sooner than in twelve hours, the birth control effect is not lowered. Take the pill once you remembered and the following as usual.
If you remembered that you overlooked the pill in more than twelve hours, the effect of the pills is lowered. The more pills are forgotten and the less time it is until the seven-day break in their use, the greater is the likelihood of conception.
More detailed instructions depend on the week of the tablets use. You can find them in the package insert when you buy generic Drospirenone and Ethinylestradiol.
The main rules include:
- The use of the pills must not be discontinued for more than seven days;
- For reliable contraception, the uninterrupted use of the pills for seven days is required.
Overdose symptoms and treatment
The symptoms that start to manifest nausea, vomiting, blood spotting, headache, and others. If these adverse effects are mild to moderate, they will go away without any treatment. If they are severe, you should seek medical assistance.
Adverse effects that can develop due to Yasmin use
The most common adverse effects are nausea and increased sensitivity of the breasts. These adverse effects are reported by 6% of women who had been using the pills.
The dangerous adverse effects that mean the use of the pills must be stopped instantly are arterial and venous thromboembolism. Read about their signs in the official instruction or ask your gynecologist.
Interactions with other formulations
The use of oral birth controls with other formulations can cause excessive vaginal bleeding, lowering of the contraception activity or lowering of the effect of other medicines. Thus, you must consult your gynecologist if you use any pills or want to use them when you order Yasmin and start the course.
Where can you buy Yasmin?
We offer you to get the pills at the price lower than at the regular drugstores and without Rx. This can save you a lot of money especially if you order the pills in bulk and enjoy free shipping.
The shipping offered by our drugstore is standard and express which takes from 7 to 25 days respectively to any corner of the world where the international mail services operate.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section