Generic Medication guide:
What is Toprol XR and when is it appointed?
The medication available under the trade name Toprol XR is an extended-release formulation of the antianginal, antiarrhythmic, and blood-pressure-lowering medication Toprol based on Metoprolol.
The formulation can be marketed under a variety of names but the active substance is always indicated on the package and is Metoprolol. The extended-release formulations are labeled either XL or XR. This means that the active substance is released from the pill gradually throughout the day and instead of two or more pills a patient needs to take only a single pill or a half of it a day based on the doctor’s indications.
You can buy Toprol XR if you are diagnosed with:
- Non-acute congestive heart failure;
- Elevated arterial tension;
- Ischemic heart disease;
- Treatment and prophylaxis of repeated events after myocardial infarction;
- Heart rhythm disturbances.
- Prophylaxis of migraines.
You can easily buy generic Toprol XR at this webpage without Rx. Nevertheless, we strongly encourage you to consult a medical specialist prior to starting the therapy to be certain that this extended-release formulation is right for you.
Prohibitions for Toprol XR use
Like any other medication, Toprol has the prohibitions for its use, i.e. when the formulation’s use can be potentially more harmful than beneficial.
These cases include:
-Elevated sensitivity to the active or auxiliary substance of the formulation;
- Pronounced/severe bradycardia;
- Sick sinus syndrome;
- Low blood pressure;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Decompensated heart failure;
- Pronounced violation of peripheral blood circulation;
- Asthma and severe chronic obstructive diseases of the airways;
- Metabolic acidosis;
- Therapy use with MAO inhibitors;
- Intravenous administration of calcium antagonists such as verapamil and diltiazem or other antiarrhythmic drugs (disopyramide).
Before you buy Metoprolol XR, make sure to consult a cardiologist who knows your history of disease to be sure that the medication is suitable for you. You should inform your healthcare provider about all of the diseases or conditions that you suffer from if you have any.
Can the medication be used by pregnant women?
It is not advised to use the pills during pregnancy. However, if your healthcare provider believes that the risks are lower than the potential benefit, they can appoint you the therapy with this formulation.
Metoprolol XR dosing
This formulation is used once a day instead of several times a day like the simple version of Metoprolol. This can be unsuitable for some patients as a sharper lowering of blood pressure can occur. Thus, you should consult your doctor first.
Here you can find the general recommendations on Metoprolol XR use for different diseases.
For all diseases treated the tablets are taken once a day in the morning regardless of food intake and washed down with a glass of water.
- For elevated blood pressure of mild to moderate severity the dosage of 50 mg is used daily. If the lowering of the pressure is insufficient, it can be raised to 100-200 mg with intervals of two weeks. Additionally, to the lower dosages of Metoprolol, other antihypertensive medications can be added.
- For heart failure treatment, the dosage of 12.5 mg or 25 mg a day is prescribed. The initial dosage depends on the severity of heart failure according to the official scale determined by a doctor. Under a doctor’s control, the daily dosage can be little by little elevated till the maximum of 200 mg a day.
- Angina is treated with the dosage from 50 to 200 mg daily.
- Therapy performed after myocardial infarction is prescribed with individual dosing and control over the heart rate and blood tension. The dosages range from 50 to 200 mg daily.
- For the prevention of migraines, the dosages of 100-200 mg once a day are prescribed.
Metoprolol XR overdose danger
An overdose of the medication is dangerous with a drop of arterial tension and heart function violation so an individual who overdosed should seek immediate medical attention. If they realize that they overdosed immediately after the pills intake, they should induce vomiting and take activated carbon. The symptoms of an overdose can develop within 20 minutes to 2 hours.
Metoprolol XR adverse effects
When you buy generic Metoprolol XR you can develop:
- Slowdown of the heart rate, hypotension, postural hypotension (drop of arterial pressure when standing up), fatigue;
- AV-conduction impairment, heart failure aggravation, cold limbs, the development or aggravation of intermittent claudication;
- Sleep violation, depression, inability to focus, irritability, decrease in memory, hallucinations;
- Vision worsening, dry eyes, noise in the ears, hearing impairment;
- Shortness of breath, bronchospasm, cold-like symptoms;
- Abdominal pain, nausea, stool disorders, taste perversion, liver dysfunction, hepatitis, etc;
- Hypersensitivity reactions like skin rash, skin itching;
- Muscle spasms, muscles ache;
- Erectile dysfunction, low libido.
When you order Toprol XR, you must follow the indications of your cardiologist strictly. It is important to consult not just any medical practitioner but the one who specializes in heart diseases. The therapy of heart diseases requires monitoring of heart rate and other vital parameters at the beginning of the therapy and when the dosages are raised.
If during the treatment with the medication an excessive tension lowering occurs, it doesn’t mean that the therapy should be discontinued. It means that the daily dosages should be lowered and then lifted again but at a slower pace and under a doctor’s control.
Individuals with chronic heart failure can develop aggravation of the myocardium contractility which requires the use of cardiac glycosides and/or diuretics. In case of developing bradycardia and AV block, the dosage must be lowered and atropine infused intravenously.
In individuals with diabetes and hyperfunction of the thyroid, the formulation can mask tachycardia induced by hypoglycemia or thyrotoxicosis.
Numerous medications can negatively interact with Metoprolol XR, so you need to inform your physician if you take any or plan to take while undergoing the therapy with the antihypertensive medication.
You should be careful. For instance, it is contraindicated to use the formulation along with MAO-A inhibitors, intravenous infusions of Verapamil, diltiazem or other antiarrhythmic medications.
The list of contraindicated combinations of drugs or undesirable combinations is provided in the package insert.
Where can you buy Metoprolol XR?
You can order generic Toprol XR from our pharmacy to get it at a lower price than at conventional drugstores and even without prescription. We guarantee the highest quality of the medications we sell. You can check all of the firms that we represent and see that they are reliable drug manufacturers. If you have any questions about the medications, you can always get a free consultation of our pharmacists via online chat, toll-free phone, or email.
Metoprolol XR shipping
Metoprolol XR shipping by our med store is made to all countries of the world including the U.S., UK, Canada, and others. We offer standard and express shipping and free standard shipping for orders over $170. However, if you need to get the medication fast, you should still opt for paid express shipping.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section