Generic Medication guide:
What is Acuitel and when is it used?
Acuitel is a brand owned by Pfizer that is used for the product based on Quinapril. The substance is an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor) developed a while ago which is why it is available also in form of generic, i.e. under another name and made by different company. Although the trade names are different, you can always make sure you, in fact, buy Acuitel when the name of the active agent indicated below is Quinapril.
The medicinal product is appointed for the management of elevated arterial pressure in hypertension and congestive heart failure. But please note that there are also other medications used for this purpose so you need to consult your doctor and hear what he or she thinks will be the best drug for you.
When is Acuitel contraindicated?
You should not buy generic Acuitel if you have an increased sensitivity to the medication that is manifested in allergy or severe adverse reactions. If you have hypersensitivity to other ACE inhibitors, hydrochlorothiazide or other sulfonamide derivatives, the formulation is also contraindicated for you.
Other contraindications include:
- Angioedema caused by the use of ACE inhibitors;
- Hereditary idiopathic angioedema;
- Severe kidney failure with creatinine clearance less than 30 ml per minute.
- Severe kidney failure;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The use is possible but only if a doctor approves in:
- Autoimmune conditions;
- Depression of the bone marrow (leukopenia, thrombopenia);
- Low blood pressure;
- Heart or brain blood circulation violation;
- Severe heart failure;
- Obliterating atherosclerosis of the lower extremities;
- Aortic, mitral stenosis or other obstructive changes that impede the outflow of blood from the heart;
- Moderate kidney failure;
- Hyponatremia or low sodium diet;
- Anesthesia use and surgeries in general;
- Bilateral renal artery stenosis or arterial stenosis of a single kidney;
- Kidney transplant;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Children’s and elderly age.
The dosages are chosen individually by a doctor. Thus, you should consult a doctor before you buy Quinapril.
The recommended dosage is one pill taken in the morning but the dosage of the active agent per pill is different. For instance, the formulation is available in the dosage of 5 mg, 10 mg, and 20 mg per pill. Usually, the treatment is started with the lowest dosage if a patient hadn’t used any other ACE inhibitors before. If they have been using other ACE inhibitors and tolerated them well, the dosage can be higher from the start.
The duration is chosen individually.
Patients with kidney failure and patients of elderly age
Patients with moderate kidney failure and elderly patients are advised to be given low dosages at the beginning. Besides, it is recommended to maintain the lowest effective dosage.
An overdose is manifested in acute hypotension, i.e. lowering of the blood pressure below the norm. It requires either the lowering of the following dosages or a complete discontinuation of the medication use. In acute symptoms, gastric lavage and procedures to elevate the circulating blood volume.
Adverse effects that Acuitel can cause
When you buy generic Quinapril and start using it, you can develop such adverse effects as:
- Rapid heart rate, myocardial infarction, hypotension, heart failure, arrhythmia, cardiogenic shock, hemolytic anemia, thrombopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis.
- Dry mouth, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, digestive tract bleeding, pancreatitis, liver function indices disturbance, and other digestive tract problems.
- Headache, cerebrovascular disorders, general weakness, dizziness, vision impairment.
- Skin rash and itching, skin sensitivity to UV.
- Dry cough, pharyngitis, bronchitis, bronchospasm.
- Worsening of the kidney failure.
- Pain syndrome in different parts of the body, angioedema (swelling), infection, fever, hyperkalemia, hyponatremia.
Interactions of Acuitel with other substances
- The blood pressure lowering effect is enhanced with other antihypertensive medications, including diuretics, beta blockers, alcohol, some antidepressants, and neuroleptics.
- The blood pressure lowering effect is diminished by the concurrent use of estrogens, NSAIDs, and sympathomimetics.
- The formulation enhances the blood vessels-dilating effect of nitrates and thus prevents the development of resistance to them.
- The formulation enhances the hypoglycemic effect of the oral diabetic drugs so their dosages must be adjusted.
- It also enhances the hypotensive effects of some anesthetics.
- Lowers the secondary hyperaldosteronism and hypokalemia caused by diuretics.
- Quinapril-based formulations enhance the toxicity of Lithium and its concentration in the blood plasma.
- The formulation inhibits the washing out of Clonidine if the later is used before the blood pressure drug.
- The use with NSAIDs increases the risk of kidney dysfunction.
- Potassium-sparing diuretics used with the formulation and other medicines that contribute to the elevation of potassium levels in the body increase the risk of hyperkalemia.
- The risk of neutropenia and / or agranulocytosis with a fatal outcome is present in the simultaneous use of the medication with immunosuppressants, interferon, allopurinol, procainamide, cytotoxic drugs and glucocorticoids.
- Antacids and tetracycline antibiotics lower the absorption of the formulation and time it needs to render the effect by 28-37%.
Precautions when using Acuitel
When you order Acuitel, you should know that the treatment with it must be done under a constant medical supervision.
Before starting the therapy with the formulation, other antihypertensive therapy must be stopped one week prior to the use of the first Acuitel tablet. If diuretics had been used, their dosage must be significantly lowered or the use discontinued 4-7 days before the start of the therapy with the new formulation use.
During the therapy, the level of arterial pressure and peripheral blood composition must be regularly checked. The pressure should be measured daily while the blood composition before the therapy, every 3-6 months, and then once a year especially in patients with increased risk of neutropenia. Besides, the level of the protein, potassium in the plasma, urea nitrogen, creatinine, kidney function, body weight, and following of the diet must be also controlled.
Caution is required if during the therapy a patient requires surgery including dental especially in the use of general anesthetics that have a hypotensive effect.
During the therapy, the dialysis through high-performance sulfate membranes, hemofiltration, or LDL-apheresis should be avoided as anaphylaxis occurrence is possible.
Desensitization therapy may increase the risk of anaphylactic reactions.
During the therapy it is advised to avoid drinking alcohol.
The formulation must be cautiously used by people whose work requires attention and focus.
Where can you buy Acuitel?
You can save on the pills if you order generic Acuitel from our med store. We offer you high-quality generic pills at the attractive prices so you can get the qualitative treatment for less.
We will ship your order wherever you are within 7-25 days. The countries we ship to include Australia, Canada, the U.S., UK, and others. You can enjoy free shipping if your order is $170 or more.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section