Generic Medication guide:
What is Aldactone and when is it used?
Aldactone is a brand owned by Pfizer. Under this name, the medicinal substance Spironolactone is sold. It is a potassium-sparing diuretic, a concurrent antagonist of aldosterone and other mineralocorticoids. It was developed a while ago so the formula can be used by different companies besides Pfizer. But they cannot use the known trade name and register new ones. These medications are usually cheaper and can be found if you look for generic Aldactone. If you need to buy Aldactone cheap, we offer you to get its generic made by the reputable generic-making company R.P.G. pharmaceuticals.
The indications for the formulation use are:
- Primary hyperaldosteronism;
- Congestive heart failure with the ineffectiveness or inability to use other diuretics due to sensitivity or, if it is needed to enhance their effectiveness;
- Arterial hypertension particularly with hypokalemia;
- Liver cirrhosis with swelling and/or ascites (accumulation of free fluid in the abdominal cavity);
- Swellings provoked by nephrotic syndrome;
- Hypokalemia in case it is impossible to use a different therapy;
- Prophylaxis of hypokalemia for individuals who use cardiac glycosides when other types of therapy are considered impractical or inappropriate.
Besides the listed conditions, the formulation can be used in early puberty in boys, acne and excessive hair growth in women, and as part of feminizing hormone therapy in transgender women.
Please keep in mind that there are other medications for the same diseases and symptoms and a doctor can choose the correct therapy so it is better to seek a consultation before you buy generic Aldactone without Rx from our drugstore.
Contraindications for Aldactone use
- Sensitivity to the main ingredient or auxiliary substances of the pills or other;
- Acute kidney failure, pronounced impairment of the kidney function (cc less than 10 ml per minute), anuria;
- Hyperkalemia, hyponatremia;
- Addison's Disease;
- Concurrent use with potassium-sparing diuretics and potassium-containing formulations due to the likelihood of the development of hyperkalemia.
It is also prohibited to use the pills during the first three months of pregnancy.
The medication is taken orally. Usually, the daily dosage is taken either in one or two intakes after a meal. It is advised to use the first dosage or the whole dosage (one intake) of the medication in the first half of the day.
The duration of the treatment course is chosen individually and in certain cases can be up to several years of uninterrupted use. You should clarify it with your doctor before you buy Spironolactone.
It is recommended to continue the treatment especially if it is a prolonged one with the minimum effective dosage.
- Adults in the primary hyperaldosteronism before the operation should receive the daily dosage of 100-400 mg. If the surgery is impossible, the minimum effective dosage is chosen.
- Swelling associated with cardiac, liver or kidney disorders, is eliminated with the initial dosage of 100 mg split into several intakes. In 5 days, based on the patient’s response, the dosage is either lowered to 25 mg or elevated to 200 mg a day.
- Elevated blood pressure is treated with 50-100 mg a day in several intakes. In two weeks, the dosage can be lowered or elevated based on the effect of the therapy in the range of 25-100 mg for adults and 3.3 mg per kg of the body weight for children.
The symptoms are sleepiness, drowsiness, confusion, electrolyte imbalance.
Treatment implies symptomatic measures and normalization of water-electrolyte and acid-base balances with the use of diuretics, which eliminate potassium, administration of glucose with insulin, in difficult cases, hemodialysis.
Adverse effects of Aldactone
When you buy generic Spironolactone, even if you use it correctly you can develop certain negative symptoms such as:
- Arterial hypotension, arrhythmia, vasculitis;
- Leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia, eosinophilia;
- Headache, drowsiness, lightheadedness, paraplegia, lethargy, and others;
- Nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, gastritis, gastric ulcer, gastric bleeding, hepatitis, abnormal liver function;
- Acute renal failure;
- Muscle cramps;
- Hyperkalemia, hyponatremia, increased plasma urea levels, hyperuricemia, porphyria, metabolic hyperchloremic acidosis or alkalosis, dehydration;
- Decreased libido, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia, menstrual disorders, dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, menopausal metrorrhagia, swelling and increased sensitivity of the breasts in women, infertility (high doses over 450 mg per day), and benign breast tumors;
- Allergic reactions, including rash, pruritus, urticaria, fever, lupus-like syndrome, hyperemia, ring-shaped erythema, eczema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
If you take any medications or plan on using them along with Aldactone, consult your doctor so he or she would be able to assess the risks and propose adjustments.
One of the examples of dangerous interactions is the use of the diuretic with other medications that lower the blood pressure. The medications can have an additive effect and lower the blood pressure significantly below the norm. Please see the package insert for the whole list of the interactions of Aldactone with other substances.
Precautions for Aldactone use
The use of the medication, especially by the individuals with impaired kidney function, can cause a transient elevation in level of urea in blood plasma and hyperkalemia, which can lead to the occurrence of cardiac arrhythmias and reverse metabolic acidosis. Thus, it must be cautiously used by individuals with kidney function impairment, with liver failure, and senior patients. They should be regularly tested for electrolytes in the blood plasma and indicators of renal function. If hyperkalemia develops, treatment should be stopped.
The medication must be cautiously used in individuals who have any diseases that make them prone to acidosis and/or hyperkalemia.
The medication must be cautiously used in individuals who have diabetes, especially with diabetic nephropathy.
The therapy can interfere with determining the concentration of cortisol, epinephrine, and digoxin by radioimmunological methods.
The long-term unreasonable use of the medication must be avoided as the high doses used for long periods of time can possibly contribute to the development of carcinoma and leukemia as defined by the animal tests.
During the use of the medication, it is advised to refrain from alcohol use.
The pills contain lactose so the individuals with rare hereditary forms of galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency, or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome must not use it.
Where can you buy Aldactone?
To get the drug at a low price, order generic Aldactone from our online pharmacy.
We will ship Aldactone to any country of the world where the international shipping is available including the U.S., UK, Australia, and so on.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section