Generic Medication guide:
What is Altace and when is it appointed?
Altace is a Pfizer’s brand registered and promoted for the medicinal substance Ramipril. It is an antihypertensive medication from the group of ACE inhibitors intended to maintain the aimed level of arterial pressure in people with arterial hypertension.
The same medication is also available under other names by other manufacturers so if you want to save you should look for generic Altace when your healthcare provider orders you to buy Altace.
The indications for the medication use are:
- Arterial hypertension as a single-drug therapy or with other arterial-pressure-lowering formulations, for instance, diuretics and calcium antagonists;
- Congestive heart failure including one that occurred within the first days after a myocardial infarction;
- Non-diabetic or diabetic overt glomerular or initial nephropathy;
- The diminishing of myocardial infarction danger and death related to it in individuals with elevated risk due to the availability of severe ischemic heart disease, a history of stroke, peripheral vessels disorder or diabetes with leastwise one cardio risk factor (high arterial pressure, elevated cholesterol, smoking, and others).
Altace prohibitions for use
- High sensitivity to the active agent or auxiliary components of the medication or other ACE inhibitors.
- History of angioedema;
- Kidney artery stenosis;
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding period;
- Children’s age;
- Hypotensive or hemodynamically unstable conditions.
- Primary hyperaldosteronism.
You can buy generic Altace and use it cautiously if your doctor approves only if you have:
- Severe autoimmune conditions;
- Kidney transplant;
- Malignant arterial hypertension;
- Bone marrow suppression;
- Impaired coronary or cerebral blood circulation;
- Atherosclerosis obliterans of the lower extremities;
- Aortic, mitral stenosis or other obstructive changes that interfere with the outflow of blood from the heart;
- Pronounced kidney or liver dysfunction;
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Hyponatremia or sodium restriction in the diet;
- Dialysis procedures;
- Primary aldosteronism;
- Simultaneous use with immunosuppressants and saluretics, old age.
If you are unsure whether you have any of the listed conditions or have any other chronic diseases, please consult a specialist before you buy Ramipril even though you can do so without Rx from our drugstore.
The pills should be taken daily approximately at the same time regardless of meals as food doesn’t influence their effectiveness. The dosage is chosen individually by a healthcare provider based on the condition treated and the individual’s reaction to the therapy.
Patients who start taking the medication along with diuretics have a higher risk of hypotension development because of dehydration and excessive removal of salt from the body so the dosages must be respectively adjusted by their doctors.
- Dosing for arterial hypertension: the initial dosage is 2.5 mg once a day. In some patients even this dosage can be too so if they suffer from extreme arterial pressure lowering, they are recommended to use 1.25 mg once a day. Based on the tolerance of the medication, the dosage can be raised twofold with an interval from 2 to 4 weeks for the achievement of the aimed levels of the arterial pressure. The usually chosen supporting dosage is 2.5-5 mg and the highest dosage is 10 mg a day. As an alternative to the dosage increase over 5 mg, diuretics or calcium antagonists can be used.
- For the diminishing of myocardial infarction, stroke, or death of any heart complication risk the initial dosage is 2.5 mg taken one time a day. The dosage then is gradually elevated based on the tolerance of the drug. It is advised to twofold the dose in 1 or 2 weeks of the therapy and after the next 2-3 weeks raise it to 10 mg once a day which is considered the optimal dosage for these conditions. The use of the higher dosages is not advised as the reasonability and safety of their use isn’t properly studied.
- Treatment of diabetic or non-diabetic nephropathy is made with the starting dosage of 1.25 mg once a day. Contingent on the tolerability of the medication, the dosage can be elevated twofold every 2 weeks until the achievement of the supporting dosage of 5 mg.
- Congestive heart failure in individuals whose conditions stabilized with the use of diuretics is advised to be treated with the initial dosage of 1.25 mg a day. Then, the dosage can be elevated twofold every 1 to 2 weeks until the achievement of the highest daily dosage of 10 mg which can be split into two intakes.
- Post-myocardial infarction therapy is begun forty-eight hours after an acute infarction. Clinically and hemodynamically stable patients are appointed the initial dose of 2.5 mg 2 times a day for 3 days. If this dosage is poorly tolerated, the dosage of 1.25 mg taken twice a day is appointed for two days. Then, based on the patient’s reaction, the dosage can be increased. It is advised to raise the dosage by doubling the initial dosage every 1-3 days. If the drug is poorly tolerated in the dosage of 2.5 mg two times a day, the therapy must be revised with the eventual exchange of the medication for another one. If a patient tolerates the medication well, the initial dosage that was split into two intakes can be taken in one intake. The highest daily dosage is 10 mg.
Special groups of patients
- Patients with kidney function violation with cc from 20 to 50 per minute are usually prescribed 1.25 mg once a day. The maximum daily dosage for them is 5 mg.
- Patients with liver function impairment must start the therapy only if their doctor approves from 1.25 mg a day and the maximum dosage is 2.5 mg.
- Patients who had been previously using diuretics are advised to stop their use 2-3 days before they buy generic Ramipril and start using it. Alternatively, the dosage of the water pills should be at least lowered. The initial dosage for people who had been using diuretics is 1.25 mg a day.
- Senior patients are advised to be given lower initial dosages than generally recommended and the rise of the dosage must be slower as this group of individuals has a higher risk of adverse effects development.
An overdose is fraught with arterial hypotension, impairment of the cerebral blood circulation, angioedema, myocardial infarction, and thromboembolic complications.
The treatment implies the diminishing of the daily dose or immediate cessation of the formulation use, gastric lavage, and symptomatic measures at a hospital.
Altace adverse effects
- Eosinophilia, a lowered number of leukocytes, erythrocytes, hemoglobin, and platelets, bone marrow damage, anemia, and others
-Rise in blood potassium levels, anorexia, reduced sodium in the blood.
- Depression, anxiety, nervousness, agitation, sleep violation, tremor, headache, dizziness, and others.
- Vision impairment, hearing impairment.
- Hypotension, loss of consciousness, myocardial ischemia, angina or myocardial infarction, rapid heart rate, arrhythmia, peripheral edema, flushing, vasculitis.
- Persistent cough, bronchitis, dystonia, bronchospasm, including aggravation of asthma.
- Abdominal discomfort, dyspepsia, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, pancreas dysfunction, gastritis, constipation.
- Cholestatic jaundice, acute liver failure, hepatitis.
- Skin rash, edema, skin itching, urticaria, hair loss, and other allergic reactions.
- Muscle cramps, muscle pains.
- Acute kidney failure, an increase in urine production, deterioration of proteinuria, an elevation in the level of urea in the blood, raised level of creatinine in the blood.
- Temporary erectile dysfunction, low libido, gynecomastia.
When you order Altace, check with your healthcare provider that you don’t combine it with any incompatible medications.
- The effect of the medication is enhanced by antihypertensive drugs, beta-blockers including significant systemic absorption from ophthalmic forms, diuretics, opioid analgesics, anesthetics, alcohol.
- The effect of the medication is lowered by estrogens, NSAIDs, and sympathomimetics.
- Altace potentiates the hypoglycemic effect of oral antidiabetic drugs and alcohol inhibitory effect on the central nervous system.
- It reduces secondary hyperaldosteronism and hypokalemia caused by diuretics.
- The medication increases the plasma levels of digoxin and lithium enhancing their adverse effects.
- Potassium-sparing diuretics, cyclosporine, potassium-containing medications, and supplements elevate the danger of hyperkalemia.
- The formulations that suppress the bone marrow elevate the risk of neutropenia and/or agranulocytosis with a possible death.
The therapy must be made with regular medical specialist control.
One week before the therapy start the previous antihypertensive therapy including the use of diuretics must be canceled or at least the dosages minimized.
Patients with malignant hypertension must be given higher dosages gradually every 24 hours under a constant control of the arterial pressure and till the desired effect is achieved.
During the therapy, the control of the arterial pressure, the peripheral blood, protein and potassium in the blood, urea nitrogen, creatinine, kidney function, body weight, dieting is required.
In the onset of hyponatremia and dehydration, the correction of the dosages is required.
In the onset of jaundice (skin yellowing) and progression of fulminant liver necrosis, the treatment is discontinued.
Where can you buy Altace cheap?
To get the medication at a low price without compromising the quality of your treatment, order generic Altace from our med store.
Shipping of Altace
We ship all of our products including Altace everywhere in the world including to the U.S., UK, Australia, and so on within 7 to 25 days.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section