Generic Medication guide:
What is the medication marketed as Avapro and when is it used?
Avapro is one of the trademarks under which the antihypertensive agent Irbesartan is sold. It is a specific antagonist of angiotensin II receptors which means that it eliminates the vasoconstrictor effect of angiotensin II, lowers the concentration of aldosterone in the plasma, total peripheral vessels resistance, afterload on the heart, systemic blood pressure and pressure in the pulmonary circulation.
The medication starts to act smoothly and gradually with the maximum effect development in 3-6 hours after the pill intake. The effect is preserved for 24 hours. To achieve the stability of the effect, the formulation must be used without interruptions for 1-2 weeks. The maximum therapeutic effect is achieved in 4-6 weeks but it doesn’t mean that the treatment must be discontinued but rather during this period the patients are able to see how the medication will act throughout the whole further treatment course if used in the same dosage.
You can buy Avapro for the treatment of:
- Essential arterial hypertension in adults;
- Chronic kidney disease in adult patients with arterial hypertension and diabetes type II.
You can alternatively get a generic version of the medication which is basically the same drug but made by another manufacturer who sells it cheaper.
Please note that the same diseases can be treated with numerous other medications so you have to consult your doctor to know which one is more suitable for you.
Avapro contraindications for use
The use of the medication contraindicated for:
- Individuals with hypersensitivity to the active agent and/or other supplementary ingredients (please see the official instruction that comes in a package insert for the whole list of substances);
- Pregnant women and women who plan a pregnancy.
On top of that, the use of the medication with any medicinal products that contain Aliskiren is prohibited for individuals with diabetes or kidney failure with cc less than 60 ml per minute.
The recommended initial/supporting dosage is 150 mg or a half of the pill once a day independently of meals intakes. Usually, this dosage is optimal for the maintenance of the blood pressure at the desired level throughout the day. However, in some cases, it is recommended to start the use from 75 mg a day, in particular in patients on hemodialysis and patients older than 75 years.
If a patient who started the use of the medication in a dosage of 150 mg a day doesn’t get the desired effect, he or she can raise the daily dosage to 300 mg or one pill a day at a doctor’s approval. Besides, a doctor can appoint additional antihypertensive medications such as diuretic hydrochlorothiazide.
Patients with hypertension and diabetes type two are advised to begin the therapy with 150 mg a day and then raise the dosage to 300 mg a day as this dosage is considered the optimal supporting dosage for these conditions.
Special groups of patients
- Individuals with kidney dysfunction do not require dosage adjustments. However, in patients on hemodialysis, the use of the initial dosage of 75 mg a day can be considered.
- Liver dysfunction of mild to moderate severity doesn’t require dosage adjustments. There is no data on the safety of medication use in patients with severe liver failure.
- For patients aged over 75 years, it is reasonable to start the therapy with a daily dosage of 75 mg.
If you have any chronic or acute conditions at the moment you want to buy generic Avapro, please consult your doctor first and only if he or she approves get the medication without Rx at our online pharmacy to save your money.
An overdose is dangerous with the lowering of the arterial pressure below the norm, slow or rapid heartbeat.
To cope with it, induce vomiting once you realized that you overdosed. Then gastric lavage and use of activated carbon can be initiated. If the negative effects are severe, you should seek medical assistance and undergo symptomatic treatment.
Avapro adverse effects
During the clinical trials of the medication, the frequency of adverse effects occurrence in the medication use (56.2%) and placebo (56.5%) wasn’t different. Thus, it can be concluded that the medication is unlikely to cause any adverse reactions. Nevertheless, the package insert has the following list of possible adverse effects:
- Rapid or slow heartbeat;
- Upper respiratory tract infections;
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, etc.;
- Muscle or bone aches;
- Skin rash, swelling, anaphylactic reactions;
- Pain in the abdomen, infections of the urinary tract.
You can develop any of these adverse effects but the chances are minimal unless you are predisposed to them due to other chronic conditions.
Before you buy Irbesartan, you should know that it can be incompatible with certain medications but can be combined with others. Here you can find the most notable interactions but for fuller info please refer to the package insert or consult your doctor.
- The simultaneous use with the medication with NSAID is fraught with the lowered hypotensive effect and kidneys dysfunction up to acute kidney failure especially in people with impaired kidney function.
- Potassium-containing additives and water pills that do now wash out potassium from the body can elevate the risk of hyperkalemia when used with Irbesartan.
- The use of the medication at the same time with Lithium can lift up the content f the latter in the blood and thus enhances its toxicity.
- The medication is compatible with thiazide diuretics and other hypotensive medications such as beta blockers and calcium channel blockers. However, the previous use of diuretics in high dosages can cause dehydration of the body and can provoke the occurrence of arterial hypotension during the first days of Irbesartan use.
The formulation must be cautiously used for the therapy of people with hyponatremia, patients on hemodialysis, as well as dehydrated individuals; patients with renovascular hypertension caused by bilateral stenosis of the renal arteries or stenosis of the renal artery of a single kidney, aortic or mitral stenosis, obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and severe heart failure.
Individuals with impaired kidney function when they use the medication are recommended to undergo regular monitoring of potassium level and creatinine.
The formulation is not recommended to be used by patients with primary hyperaldosteronism, with severe renal failure, and in a recent kidney transplant.
Where can you buy Avapro cheap?
We offer you to get the pills not only cheaper but also save on refill Rx as we sell it without checking your prescription. However, we highly recommend the first-time users of the medication to get a consultation of a medical specialist before they order Avapro from our med store to be sure that they are using the safe and suitable drug.
We will ship Avapro to any country, city, or town where the international mail service is available. We ship our medications to the UK, EU, US, Australia, and so on. The shipping will take from one to three weeks depending on the selected delivery type. You can also enjoy free standard shipping if your order is more than $170.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section