Generic Medication guide:
What is Betapace and when is it used?
Betapace is a brand owned by the German pharmaceutical company Bayer. It is a trademark registered so that the company would market the pharmaceutical ingredient Sotalol under a promoted and recognized name. The formulation is an antianginal, hypotensive, and antiarrhythmic medication.
You can get Sotalol under other names when you need to buy Betapace and if you get it under an unknown name, you can expect it to be priced lower though having the same compound and effect if the manufacturer is a reliable and reputable generics-making company.
The formulation use is appointed for:
- Prevention of life-endangering ventricular tachycardia;
- Treatment of unstable ventricular tachycardia;
- Prevention of paroxysmal atrial tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, atrioventricular (AV) nodal reciprocal tachycardia, paroxysmal AV-reciprocal tachycardia in the presence of additional pathways, supraventricular tachycardia after a heart operation;
- Maintaining normal sinus rhythm after fibrillation conversion or atrial fibrillation.
- Prevention and therapy of myocardial infarction (in a stable condition of the patient);
- Elevated blood pressure.
You can buy generic Betapace at a lower price than at the regular drugstores at our pharmacy and also save on refill prescriptions from your healthcare provider. But we highly encourage you to consult a specialist before to be sure that this medication is suitable for you and so that you would get personalized instructions on how to use it.
Betapace mechanism of action
The formulation non-selectively blocks beta-adrenergic receptors and potassium channels, increases the time of repolarization of the atria and ventricles (slows down the flow of potassium) and the duration of the action potential with a simultaneous extension of refractory periods, decreases the heartbeat, myocardial contractility, arterial pressure, and activity of plasma renin.
The antiarrhythmic effect of the medication develops within an hour after the pill intake, reaches the maximum in 2.5–4 hours, and lasts for 24 hours.
Betapace prohibitions for use
Even if you have indications for the formulation use it can be still contraindicated for you if you have:
- Hypersensitivity to its components;
- Severe heart failure;
- Sinoatrial block;
- Sick sinus syndrome;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Pronounced arterial hypotension;
- Extension of QT interval;
- Sinus bradycardia;
- Pronounced disorders of blood circulation;
- Swelling of the larynx;
- Severe allergy manifested in stuffy or runny nose.
On top of that, you should buy Sotalol only if your healthcare provider agrees if you have:
- Broncho-obstructive syndrome (chronic bronchitis, pulmonary emphysema);
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Kidney dysfunction;
- Metabolic acidosis;
- Senior age;
- History of myocardial infarction;
- History of severe allergic reactions;
- Gestation and breastfeeding.
Can the medication be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
During pregnancy it is in general not advised to use any medications but some are allowed if the expected benefit can potentially be higher than the risk and Betapace is one of such medications.
The pills must be taken before food. Here you can find the generally recommended dosages but the therapy must be appointed by a doctor and if the medication is aimed for the management of life-threatening ventricular arrhythmias, the therapy must be begun in a hospital with the equipment to monitor and assess heart rate variability. The same is required for dosage increases.
During the therapy, the control tests must be made at regular intervals around one to three months.
The therapy must be revised if one or several parameters worsen, for instance, if QT interval is extended by 25% or more.
The recommended dosage regimen is:
Arterial hypertension is treated with 80 mg a day and if needed, it can be increased by 80 mg once a week till 320 mg a day. The dosage can be taken once a day without splitting.
The initial dosage is 80 mg a day in a single or two split intakes by 40 mg with an interval of 12 hours. If the effect is insufficient, the dosage can be gradually elevated with an interval of at least three days for the achievement of the equilibrium concentration of Sotalol in the blood plasma. Some patients may require the daily dosage of 160 to 320 mg split into two intakes.
For the prophylaxis of supraventricular arrhythmias, the dosage of 320 mg split into two intakes with an interval of twelve hours is needed. For the prophylaxis of supraventricular arrhythmia after a heart surgery, the daily dosage is 240 mg split into two intakes.
Some patients with persistent life-threatening ventricular arrhythmia can be appointed 480-640 mg a day. But the use of such high doses requires the estimation of the ratio of potential benefits and risks of the possibility of severe adverse reactions.
Dosing in patients with kidney failure
Since the medication is mainly washed out from the body with urine, the dosage should be lowered in the lowering of cc below 60 mg per minute:
- In cc more than 60 ml per minute the dosages are unchanged from the regular ones;
- In cc between 30 and 60 ml per minute, the usual daily dosage must be lowered in a half;
- In cc between 10 and 30 ml per minute, the daily dosage must consist one-fourth of the regular dosage;
- In cc lower than 10 ml per minute the use of the formulation is contraindicated.
The signs of an overdose are fatigue, passing out, seizures, drop of blood pressure, slow heart rate, bronchospasm, atypical ventricular tachycardia, symptoms of cardiogenic shock, heart failure, and hypoglycemia.
The treatment needed requires gastric lavage, hemodialysis, therapy aimed at the elimination of symptoms, and control over the vital functions at a hospital.
Betapace adverse reactions
Read the full list of possible adverse effects and consult your healthcare provider about your actions in their occurrence before you buy generic Sotalol:
- Sensitivity to light, skin rash, allergic swelling, anaphylaxis;
- Dizziness, headache, irritability, depression, sleep disturbance, lowering of visual acuity; confusion, etc.
- Pronounced slowing down of the heartbeat, rapid heartbeat, hypotension, congestive heart failure, violation of the peripheral blood circulation, QT interval extension, AV block, collapse, etc.
- Chest pain, bronchospasm, swelling of the lungs;
- Nausea, diarrhea, loss of appetite, body weight fluctuations, dry mouth, pain in the abdomen.
- Arthritis, muscle pains, seizures, muscle weakness;
- Peripheral swellings, erectile dysfunction, low sex drive, hair loss, an elevated level of triglycerides, withdrawal syndrome.
The pressure-lowering effect of the medication is enhanced by tricyclic antidepressants, barbiturates, phenothiazine derivatives, narcotic analgesics, haloperidol, vasodilators, and diuretics so you should keep that in mind and possibly take lower dosages when you order Betapace.
When the formulation is combined with MAO inhibitors or norepinephrine, the sharp elevation of the arterial pressure is possible.
When the formulation is combined with tubocurarine, the worsening of the neuromuscular blockade is possible.
Cardiac glycosides, reserpine, clonidine, alpha-methyldopa, and guanfacine enhance the slowing down of the heart rate and inhibition of intracardiac conduction.
Calcium antagonists elevate the risk of the block of beta-adrenergic receptors, amiodarone - the risk of arrhythmias; sulfonylurea derivatives – hypoglycemia.
The medication lowers the effect of Theophylline and beta2-adrenergic action, increases the level of flecainide and lidocaine in plasma.
The use of high doses of the medication around 320 mg or mode a day impairs the psychomotor reactions. The dosage lowering or even the discontinuation of the therapy can be needed in senior patients with obstructive airway diseases, slow heartbeat, or hypotension.
The discontinuation of the medication use must be done gradually through the lowering of the daily dosage within one to two weeks.
If the formulation is used during pregnancy, the use must be stopped two-three days before labor and the newborns must be under doctoral supervision for two to four days.
The formulation must be cautiously used by drivers and people whose profession is related to increased attention focus. It is recommended to avoid drinking alcoholic drinks while on the therapy.
Where can you buy Betapace?
To get the medication cheap than at the regular drugstores and thus save a lot of money on a long-term therapy, order generic Betapace pills from our med store. We offer the highest quality generic medications at affordable prices so that everyone would be able to undergo the therapy with the modern and most effective drugs independently of their income level.
We will ship your Betapace pills or any other order to any country, city town of the world where international mailing services are operating. You can expect your parcel in 7-12 days if you opt for express shipping or in 14-25 days if you opt for the less expensive standard shipping.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section