Generic Medication guide:
What is the medication sold as Calan?
The same medicinal substances can be marketed under different names based on their manufacturers and Calan is not an exception. The active agent of the medication is Verapamil whose formula is known for virtually any pharmaceutical company in the world so it can be made by any of those manufacturers but the commercial names will be different. To make sure that you get the right medication when you buy Calan but under another name, always check the active agent name this is indicated below the trademark and must be Verapamil.
The medication is prescribed for the therapy of:
- Ischemic heart disease including stable exertional angina; unstable angina (progressive angina, rest angina), vasospastic angina (variant angina, Prinzmetal angina), post-infarction angina in patients without heart failure;
- Arterial hypertension;
- Arrhythmias: paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, flutter/atrial fibrillation with fast atrioventricular conduction.
You can get the pills without having Rx from our med store as we operate from the country it is sold without a prescription. Nevertheless, we encourage you to go to a doctor first so that a professional would be able to assess your condition correctly and decide whether you need this medication or another and what dosage regimen would be most suitable for you.
Calan contraindications for use
You can have indications for the formulation use but also certain conditions in which it is prohibited such as:
- Increased sensitivity (allergic reactions) to the components of the formulation;
- Pronounced bradycardia (slow heartbeat);
- Chronic heart failure of II and III stage;
- Cardiogenic shock (except one caused by arrhythmia);
- Sinoatrial blockade;
- AV-block II and III degree;
- Sick sinus syndrome;
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome;
- Stokes–Adams syndrome;
- Acute heart failure;
- Simultaneous use of beta-adrenergic blockers;
- Age below 18 years.
Calan regular dosing
The dosages must be chosen individually, so before you buy generic Calan, make sure to get a consultation from a medical specialist on the individual dosages for you.
The pills are taken without chewing with sufficient amount of water during or right after a meal.
Adult and children aged over 14 with the body mass over 50 kg:
- For ischemic heart disease, paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, atrial flutter/atrial fibrillation, the daily dosage is from 120 to 480 mg split into 3 to 4 intakes;
- For arterial hypertension, the daily dosage is 120-360 mg split into three intakes.
Children aged up to 6 years can be given the medication only in the heart rhythm disorders:
The recommended dosage is from 80 to 120 mg a day split into 2-3 intakes.
Children aged older than 6 years and younger than 14 are given the medication only in the heart rhythm disorders:
The recommended dosage is from 80 to 360 mg a day split into 2-4 intakes.
After a long-term therapy, the discontinuation is made through a gradual lowering of the dosage.
The duration of the therapy depends on the patient’s condition and is chosen individually.
Individuals with kidney insufficiency should use the medication cautiously and under a medical supervision. The dosages are adjusted at a doctor’s discretion based on creatinine clearance rate.
In liver dysfunction, based on the severity, the action of the medication can be enhanced or extended because of slowed down the breakdown of the medication. Thus, in such cases, the dosage should be chosen individually by a doctor and the treatment started with low doses; for instance, 40 mg taken twice or thrice a day so that the total dosage is 80-120 mg.
The signs of an overdose are arterial hypertension, slow heartbeat, stupor, hyperglycemia, metabolic acidosis, AV-block, and even death. You should stick to the recommended dosages and try to avoid overdosing because it can be life-threatening and require emergency help. In case you know exactly that you or your child overdosed, you need to seek emergency help immediately. If you didn’t know about the overdose but see the listed visible signs, you should also seek emergency help.
Calan adverse effects
The possible adverse reactions to the medication use are described below but note that they rarely develop and won’t necessarily develop in you:
- Arterial hypotension, slow heartbeat, AV-block, congestive heart failure symptoms;
- Headache, dizziness, nervousness, sleepiness, slow reaction, fatigue;
- Nausea, indigestion, constipation, liver dysfunction;
- Allergic reactions such as skin rash, urticaria, skin itching, edema;
- Hyperemia of the skin, peripheral edema, very rarely - gynecomastia, an increase in prolactin secretion.
Verapamil (Calan) interactions
Here we list the most significant possible interactions but if you use any other medications, you should check the package insert and consult your healthcare provider before you buy Verapamil and start combining it with any other pills.
- The use of the medication with antiarrhythmic medications, beta-blockers, and inhalation anesthetics can provoke an enhancement of cardio depressive effect, i.e. danger of AV-block, slow heart rate, and heart failure, blood pressure drop.
- The use of the formulation with antihypertensive medications can cause the enhancement of the antihypertensive effect of Verapamil;
- The use of Calan with Digoxin can cause an elevated level of the later in the blood plasma.
- The level of Verapamil in the blood plasma is elevated in the combined use with cimetidine or ranitidine.
- The potential lowering of Verapamil’s effect is possible in the combined use of the medication with Rifampicin or Phenobarbital.
- The medication elevates the level of Theophylline, prazosin, and cyclosporine in the body.
- The use of aspirin with Verapamil is fraught with bleedings.
- Pronounced arterial hypotension is possible when the medication is used along with Quinidine.
- Verapamil used with Carbamazepine or lithium enhances the toxicity of the latter.
Before you buy generic Verapamil, you should know that it must be cautiously used in individuals with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, complicated by left ventricular obstruction, high wedging pressure in the pulmonary capillaries, paroxysmal dyspnea, or orthopnea, and dysfunction of the sinus node.
When the medication is appointed for patients with pronounced liver dysfunction, they must be under a constant doctoral supervision and lowered dosages.
The medication must be cautiously used by people who drive vehicles or operate large machinery as it can slow down their reaction.
During the use of Verapamil, it is advised to avoid drinking alcohol.
Where can you buy Calan?
To get the qualitative and effective therapy at a low cost, order Calan pills form our online drugstore without Rx. We sell both branded medicines and generics at the most affordable prices.
Our online drugstore ships all of the offered products internationally and Calan or Verapamil pills are not an exception. You can expect to get your order in the UK, U.S., Canada, Australia, and any other country within 7 (express mail) to 25 (standard mail) days.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section