Generic Medication guide:
What is the medication sold under the trade name Cardura? When is it used?
Cardura is a Pfizer’s trademark. Under this name, the medicinal substance Doxazosin is sold. This substance is no longer know-how so it can be also manufactured and sold by other pharmaceutical companies yet they have to register other trademarks for it. You can always buy Cardura cheaper if you look for its generic version, i.e. the same formulation under another name but with the indicated active agent Doxazosin.
The medication has an antispasmodic, vasodilating (expanding the narrowed vessels), hypotensive, and hypolipidemic effects. It selectively suppresses postsynaptic alpha1-adrenergic receptors. Due to the diminished tension of the muscles lining the blood vessels, it lowers total peripheral vessels resistance and the arterial pressure. It diminishes the level of triglycerides, overall cholesterol and low-density cholesterol in the blood plasma while a bit elevating the high-density lipoproteins content. Cardura suppresses the aggregation of thrombocytes.
The medication is used primarily for the normalization of the blood pressure in hypertension but as it also lowers the tone of smooth muscles of stroma and capsules of the prostate and the bladder neck it also can be appointed for the benign enlargement of prostatic. In this disease, the formulation lowers resistance and tension in the urethra and sphincter.
When Cardura must not be used?
All medications, even if a patient has indications for their use, can be contraindicated to them if there are certain conditions present. In the case of Cardura they are:
- Hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the pills and/or derivatives of quinazoline (e.g., prazosin, terazosin, Doxazosin);
- Previous occurrence of a postural drop of the blood pressure;
- Benign enlargement of the prostate with obstruction of the urinary ways, chronic urinary infections or stones in the bladder;
- Gestation and breastfeeding;
- Arterial hypotension;
- Bladder overflow or anuria, with or without kidney failure.
Before you buy generic Cardura, we advise you to consult your physician first. Here you can find the generalized instruction provided with the pills but it can be unsuitable for you. If your healthcare provider prescribes you otherwise, neglect the instruction and follow your prescription.
- High arterial pressure is treated with the use of the medication once a day. The initial dosage is 1 mg. In one to two weeks, it can be elevated to 2 mg and then if needed to 4 mg a day in the following week or two. The majority of patients show an adequate reaction to the course in the use of 4 mg a day. If required, the dosage can be elevated to 8 or even 16 mg a day at a doctor’s discretion.
- Benign prostate engagement is treated with the use of the formulation once a day. The initial dosage is 1 mg a day. Based on the patient’s features the dosage can be raised to 2 mg, to 4 mg, or even to the highest of 8 mg a day. The dose should be lifted only if the minimum one doesn’t render the sufficient effect and with the intervals of one to two weeks. The optimal dosage is 2-4 mg a day.
Elderly patients should use regular adult dosages.
Patients with kidney dysfunction should use regular adult dosages because kidney failure doesn’t influence pharmacokinetic parameters of the formulation.
Patients with liver dysfunction should be prescribed the medication in preferably lower dosages and use it under a doctor’s control.
Overdose of Cardura
If an overdose significant lowering of the arterial tension, the patient must be laid down on the back with the head down. In some cases symptomatic measures also needed. If it is not enough, to treat shock the first measure is to use plasma substitutes. After that, if necessary, vasoconstrictor medications can be used. During this time, a patient must be monitored for the kidney function.
Hemodialysis can be used to wash the medication out of the body as the medication in quite a high degree is bind to protein plasma.
Adverse effects Cardura can provoke
If you buy Doxazosin for the first time, you should know that it can, especially at the start of the course, cause orthostatic hypertension and even fainting. To avoid it, patients should refrain from quick changes of the body positions, i.e. getting up sharply.
Other adverse effects that can accompany the therapy with the medication are:
- Chronic fatigue;
- Nasal congestion or discharges;
- Heart adverse effects such as arrhythmia, rapid heartbeat, pain in the chest, myocardial infarction, brain circulation disorders.
- Rare allergic reactions are skin rash, bile stasis, and thrombocytopenic purpura, dryness of the mouth, urinary incontinence, enhanced appetite, constipation, frequent urination, myalgia, and arthralgia.
If you have any diseases or conditions not related to the use of this medication, you can be more prone to the development of some of these or other adverse effects so you have to consult your healthcare provider.
Interactions of Cardura with other substances
To avoid experiencing the negative effect from the combination of any medication with this antihypertensive agent, make sure to check that the medications you use are compatible with Cardura; if you cannot do so yourself, consult a doctor.
- The formulation enhances the effect of blood-lowering medications. It is reconcilable with diuretics, furosemide, beta-blockers, calcium channel blockers, ACE inhibitors, and other medicines.
- When taken at the same time with the inducers of microsomal enzymes in the liver, the possible enhancement of the medication is possible. When the inhibitors of microsomal enzymes in the liver are used, the lowering of the effect is possible.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories, estrogens, and sympathomimetics diminish the arterial-pressure-lowering action.
- Eliminating the alpha-adrenergic stimulation effects of epinephrine, the formulation can lead to the lowering of its pressor effect and the occurrence of tachycardia.
Buy generic Doxazosin and use it along with any other medications only if your doctor approves such combination.
The medication must be cautiously used in lung edema induced by aortic or mitral stenosis; failure of the right ventricle; left ventricular failure; cardiac output failure.
Its use must be reconsidered and if approved must be cautious in lived failure when the medications that can negatively influence the liver function are also used. If liver function indices are worsened, the therapy must be immediately discontinued.
At the start of the therapy and when the dosages are elevated, it is advised to refrain from driving or other potentially unsafe activities.
Consumption of alcohol during the therapy enhances the negative effects of the medication.
Where can you buy Cardura?
You can get the medication from our med store to significantly save on the price per pill as we offer a high-quality generic instead of the promoted brand. Using this medication you will get absolutely the same effect and safety level as using the branded one but without overpaying for the known name.
Shipping of Cardura
We will ship Cardura to any country of the world including Canada, Australia, UK, U.S., and so on within 7 to 25 days whether you choose standard or express shipping.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section