Generic Medication guide:
What Coreg and when is it used?
Coreg is a brand name owned by a certain pharmaceutical company. It is a promoted name for the active substance Carvedilol but the same product is also available under the less known names if it is made by different manufacturers.
The substance is an antiarrhythmic, antianginal, and vasodilating medication that blocks adrenergic receptors. It also has antioxidant action.
Coreg lowers the peripheral vessels resistance and pre- and afterload on the heart.
Your physician or cardiologist can tell you to buy Coreg for:
- Arterial blood pressure;
- Chronic stable angina;
- Congestive heart failure (as an addition to the main therapy).
There is a wide variety of medications used for arterial hypertension and other listed conditions so please consult a specialist before you start the therapy with Coreg as it can be not the first and best choice for you.
The formulation is contraindicated for people with the following conditions:
- Increased sensitivity to the active or auxiliary substances of the tablets;
- Decompensated heart failure;
- IV stage heart failure;
- II and III block (except when a pacemaker is used);
- Use of Verapamil or other antiarrhythmic medications;
- Severe bradycardia;
- Low blood pressure;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Sick sinus;
- Uncompensated heart failure requiring the introduction of positive inotropic and/or diuretic medications;
- Lung hypertension, bronchial asthma, or obstructive respiratory diseases accompanied by bronchospasm;
- Pheochromocytoma (unless it is properly controlled with first-line medications);
- Prinzmetal angina pectoris
- Severe liver dysfunction;
- Use of MAO inhibitors;
- Intolerance of galactose, Lapp's lactase deficiency or malabsorption of glucose-galactose
- Metabolic acidosis;
- Period of gestation and lactation;
- Age below 18 years.
When you buy generic Coreg, consult your healthcare provider about the dosing suitable for you first. Here you can find the general instruction but it is always better to get a personalized one.
To slow down the absorption of the formulation and prevent postural hypotension, the pills must be taken after a meal.
The course must be started from low dosages which are gradually elevated till the achievement of the optimal efficacy. After the intake of the first dosage and each dosage increase, a patient must measure the arterial pressure standing up in an hour after the dosage intake to exclude/catch potential hypotension development onset.
The cessation of the formulation use must be done with the gradual lowering of the dosage within one to two weeks.
If the therapy was stopped for more than a half of a month, it must be restarted with the use of low dosages.
- Elevated arterial pressure is treated with the starting dose of 12.5 mg in the morning after a breakfast or 6.25 mg two times per day in the morning and in the evening. After two days of such dosage use, the daily dose should be elevated to 25 mg in the morning or 12.5 mg two times daily. After two weeks of the course, the dose should be raised to 25 mg two times daily.
The advised starting dosage for blood pressure management in individuals with congestive heart failure is 3.125 mg two times daily.
- Chronic stable angina is treated with the starting dosage of 12.5 mg twice a day after a meal. After two days of this dosage use, it can be raised to 25 mg twice a day. The highest daily dosage is 50 mg split into two intakes. The advised starting dosage for stable angina treatment in individuals with congestive heart failure is 3.125 mg twice a day.
- Congestive heart failure is treated with the medication but only as a supportive treatment if the first line medications do not render the sufficient effect. It can be also used by patients who cannot use ACE inhibitors due to intolerance. The dosage must be chosen individually. During the first two-three hours after the first drug intake or the dosage elevation, a patient must be under a medical supervision to see how well it is tolerated. If a patient shows significant slowing down of a heart rate, the dosage must be lowered. If hypotension develops, first the lowering of diuretics or ACE inhibitors dosages must be considered.
At the initiation of the course or the dosage raise, a temporary aggravation of heart failure is possible. In this case, the raise of the used diuretic dosage must be made. Sometimes this requires the lowering of Carvedilol dosage or even the cessation of the formulation use. In the stabilization of condition, the use of the formulation can be resumed or its dosage elevated if it hadn’t been discontinued.
The starting dosage is 3.125 mg twice a day. If it is well tolerated, it can be gradually elevated every two weeks till the achievement of the optimal dosage up to 25 mg twice a day. It is advised to use the highest well-tolerated dosage. The highest dose is 50 mg split into two intakes. Individuals with the body mass over 85 kg can be given the dosage of 50 mg twice a day.
- Individuals of senior age do not require dosage adjustments.
- Individuals with severe liver failure should not use the mediation.
- Individuals with kidney failure do not require dosage adjustments.
An overdose with Coreg is fraught with the drop of the arterial pressure below the norm, slowing down of the heart rate, shock, heart failure, respiratory disorders, bronchospasm, vomiting, confusion, and generalized convulsions.
Besides the general overdose measures such as gastric lavage and intake of activated carbon, it is needed to monitor and correct the vital functions in the emergency care unit. So if you overdosed you must immediately seek medical assistance.
Coreg adverse effects
When you buy Carvedilol for the first time, be ready to experience certain negative effects and inform your doctor about them right away:
- Slow heart rate, AV-block, postural blood pressure drop, peripheral blood circulation violation, aggravation of congestive heart failure, and blood composition disorders.
- Allergic reactions such ask skin rash and itching, urticaria, swelling, and others.
The less dangerous adverse effects that still can require dosage lowering are:
- Headache, vertigo, muscular weakness, sleep violation, depression, paresthesia, decreased secretion of the tear fluid;
- Sneezing, nasal congestion, bronchospasm, wheezing;
- Dry mouth, nausea, belly ache, stool disorder, raised activity of hepatic transaminases.
- Flu-like symptoms, ache in the limbs, weight gain.
If you use any medications when you buy generic Carvedilol, first consult your healthcare provider about their combined use with this formulation.
- The medication enhances the effect of hypoglycemic medications and elevates the level of Digoxin in the blood.
- Some antiarrhythmic medications, anesthetics, antihypertensive medications, and antianginal medications, beta-blockers, MAO inhibitors, sympatholytics, cardiac glycosides, Cimetidine may enhance the effect of the medication.
- Rifampicin and Phenobarbital lower the effectiveness.
- The same time use with ergot alkaloids impairs peripheral circulation.
- The medication is incompatible with intravenous injection of Verapamil and Diltiazem.
The medication must be cautiously used in bronchospastic syndrome, chronic bronchitis, lung emphysema, Prinzmetal angina, diabetes or hypoglycemia, hyperthyroidism, vascular diseases, pheochromocytoma, myasthenia, psoriasis, renal failure, pronounced metabolic acidosis, and in individuals using contact lenses.
At the start of the course or when the dose is raised, there is a risk of postural blood pressure drop, dizziness, fainting.
It is advised to control the kidneys function in individuals with kidney failure, ischemic heart disease, vascular disease, and heart failure.
During the formulation use, the possible lowering of the sensitivity to the allergic probe can occur.
Before a major surgery, it is recommended to gradually lower the dosage and discontinue the use of Coreg.
When the course with Carvedilol and Clonidine is to be discontinued, first the use of Coreg must be stopped and then within several days the use of Clonidine.
During the use of Carvedilol, alcohol consumption must be lowered to the minimum or completely stopped.
Where can you buy Coreg?
Order generic Coreg pills at our online pharmacy to follow your doctor’s indications on the use of Carvedilol but at a lower price not overpaying for the brand name.
4RXStore ships Coreg internationally including to the U.S., UK, and so on within 7-25 days.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section