Generic Medication guide:
What is Hytrin and when is it used?
Hytrin is a brand of a pharmaceutical giant Abbott. The active ingredient of the formulation is Terazosin, a hypolipidemic, vasodilating, and antidysuric agent. It was discovered a while ago which makes it possible for different pharmaceutical companies to use the formula and market their own products based on Terazosin but under other commercial names. You can buy Hytrin made by Abbott at our online pharmacy as we offer even the branded medications at the lower prices. Alternatively, you can opt for a generic which is also cheaper and has the same effect.
The formulation is indicated for the treatment of:
- Constricted urination in benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostatitis);
- High blood pressure due to hypertension.
The formulation can be used either as a single medication or as an addition to the therapy. But you should know that there are alternative medications for the same diseases and only a medical professional is able to choose the right dosing and combination of medications.
Hytrin prohibitions for use
The formulation must not be used in patients with hypotension and/or hypersensitivity to the formulation’s components.
It is also contraindicated for children and is preferably not used or used with caution at a doctor’s discretion in:
- Ischemic heart disease or other heart diseases;
- Kidney or liver failure;
- Cerebral circulation impairment;
- Hypertensive retinopathy of III or IV degree;
- Diabetes type I.
Use of Hytrin during pregnancy and breastfeeding
The medication can be appointed for pregnant women if her healthcare provider believes that the benefit of the medication use is greater than the potential risk.
It is not advised to take the pills and breastfeed as the medication can penetrate into the breast milk so it is better to opt for artificial feeding.
When you buy generic Hytrin, make sure to consult your healthcare provider on the use of the medication and its dosage individually chosen for you. The instruction has general recommendations on use but it is always better to receive personalized prescriptions from a medical practitioner who knows your medical history.
The tablets should be taken regardless of meals without chewing. The intake of the dosage is made once a day. The course duration is chosen by a doctor.
- Arterial hypertension in adults is treated with individually selected dosages. Usually, the therapy is started with 1 mg taken before sleep. The maintenance dosage is chosen as the lowest dosage that renders the desired effect. The starting dosage can be raised in a week to 2 mg, then to 5 mg in another week, and so on up to 20 mg which is the highest dosage per day. If the lower dosages provide the desired lowering of the blood pressure there is no need to increase them.
The medication is not indicated for children so if you need to treat your child for hypertension you should consult a pediatrician who will choose a suitable antihypertensive agent suitable for children.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia is treated with the initial dosage of 1 mg. The supportive dosage is 5-10 mg once a day. The highest daily dosage is 20 mg. The therapeutic effect is usually achieved in two weeks after the course start. For the achievement of a stable effect, the supporting dosage should be used for at least a month without interruptions.
Overdose of Hytrin
The potential dangers of overdosing with this medication are a drop of arterial pressure, rapid heartbeat, circulatory shock, electrolyte imbalance, and severe renal failure.
The manifestation of these adverse effects requires symptomatic therapy, lying down of a patient with lifted legs. If necessary, an anti-shock therapy can be performed with the infusion of liquids and vessels-narrowing medications. Besides, the water-electrolyte balance must be restored.
Hytrin adverse effects
People who buy Terazosin for the first time can develop certain negative effects along with the positive ones such as:
- Postural hypotension, i.e. drop of the blood pressure when standing up accompanied by dizziness, headache. It can cause fainting, so if a patient experience dizziness they should sit down or lie down not to fall. This is not a dangerous adverse effect that usually passes within a week or even a couple of days of the therapy with the medication.
- Arrhythmia, vasodilatation, peripheral edema, palpitations, tachycardia, atrial fibrillation, ventricular fibrillation.
- Thrombocytopenia, a decrease in the level of hemoglobin, leukocytes, hematocrit, total protein, albumin.
- Blurred vision, amblyopia, flabby iris in patients with cataract, visual impairment and conjunctivitis.
- Nasal congestion, rhinitis, shortness of breath, sinusitis.
- Bronchitis, nasal bleeding, flu symptoms, pharyngitis, increased cough.
- Nausea, pain in the abdomen, dry mouth, diarrhea or constipation, bloating, and others.
- Increased urination, urinary tract infection, urinary incontinence in post-menopausal women.
- Skin rash and itching, increased sweating;
- Pain in the back or limbs, pain in the neck, arthritis, joints ache, myalgia.
- Gout, increased fatigue, swelling, body mass increase.
- Anaphylaxis and other allergic reactions in hypersensitivity to the medication.
- Low sex drive, depression, nervousness, anxiety, insomnia, fear, and others.
When you buy generic Terazosin, check with your healthcare provider that you don’t use any medications which will negatively interact with it.
- Caution should be exerted when the medication is used along with other antihypertensive medications to avoid the pronounced drop of blood pressure. When the medication is added to the main therapy with other medications, its starting dosage must be not higher than 1 mg a day.
- Arterial hypotension can develop in the simultaneous use of Terazosin with phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors used for erectile dysfunction treatment such as Sildenafil and Vardenafil. The use of these medications with the antihypertensive agent is possible in people with patients who can use Terazosin without developing hypotension. The interval between the medications use must be 6 hours n cased with Vardenafil and 4 hours in case of Sildenafil.
- Blood pressure lowering effect is enhanced by the use of alcohol.
Precautions for Hytrin use
As other antagonists of alpha adrenergic receptors, it is not recommended for patients who have a history of fainting with involuntary urination.
The medication must be cautiously used by patients aged over 65 or with a predisposition of postural hypotension development, in ischemic heart disease or other severe heart diseases, violation of cerebral circulation, hypertensive retinopathy of III and IV degree, insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, hepatic or renal failure.
Before the therapy of benign prostatic hyperplasia is started, the presence of cancerous tumors must be excluded.
Hytrin should be appointed with caution for individuals with pheochromocytoma and in surgical intervention.
In the first days of the therapy, postural hypotension accompanied with dizziness and fainting can occur. The risk is higher in the lowering of liquids in the body and low-sodium diet. The symptoms can develop even if the treatment had been interrupted for several days and then resumed. Thus, it is recommended to resume the treatment from the initial lowest dosage of 1 mg.
Postural hypotension can also develop in a sharp elevation of the daily dosage or addition to the therapy of other antihypertensive medications. The highest risk of fainting related to postural hypotension is observed right after the dosage intake and persists for 30-90 minutes.
In fast getting up from a sitting or lying position, in long standing up, excessive physical stress, heat, or consumption of alcohol, dizziness, impaired coordination, and fainting are possible. If a patient faints, they must be lied down with their legs being a bit lifted higher than the level where the head lies. Additionally, if needed, symptomatic therapy should be appointed.
Where can you buy Hytrin?
To save on the therapy, order Hytrin or its generic from our online pharmacy. We offer the best quality branded and generic medications from reputable drug manufacturers so you can be certain in their effectiveness.
Our online pharmacy will ship your order to any place where international mail service is available including the UK, U.S., and so on. The shipping takes from 7 to 25 days so make sure to order pills in advance not to skip their intakes.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section