Generic Medication guide:
What is Inderal and when is it used?
The product sold under the name Inderal is made by Abbott pharmaceuticals and is based on Propranolol. The substance that is responsible for the medication’s effect is no longer protected by the copyright and can be used by different manufacturers of drugs so if you want to buy Inderal at a lower price than the branded medication, you can opt for a generic version. For instance, we offer you absolutely similar medication made by a world-renowned generic-making concern Cipla at a fraction of the branded medication price.
Propranolol is a hypotensive, antianginal, antiarrhythmic agent.
The indications for its use are:
- Arterial hypertension;
- Sinus tachycardia;
- Supraventricular tachycardia;
- Tachysystolic form of atrial fibrillation;
- Supraventricular and ventricular extrasystoles;
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- Myocardial infarction;
- Mitral valve prolapsed;
- Subaortic stenosis;
- Sympathoadrenal crisis in patients with diencephalic syndrome;
- Neurocirculatory dystonia;
- Essential tremor, panic attacks, aggressive behavior;
- Migraines prophylaxis;
- Additional therapy in pheochromocytoma;
- Thyrotoxicosis, thyrotoxic crisis;
- In gynecology for birth facilitation;
- Withdrawal syndrome;
- Akathisia caused by neuroleptics.
Please consult your healthcare provider before you buy generic Inderal for any of these conditions because they can be also treated or managed with other formulations and only a specialist with a medical background can choose the optimal therapy.
Inderal principle of effect
The formulation diminishes the effect of sympathetic impulses on beta-adrenergic receptors in the heart. Through this, it reduces the strength and frequency of heart contractions, blocks the positive chrono-and inotropic effect of catecholamines, diminishes myocardial contractility and cardiac output, cardiac contraction, potentiates the action of thyreostatic agents, and lowers the myocardial need for oxygen.
Inderal also lowers the blood tension and contributes to the normalization of the heart rhythm in sinus tachycardia including in cardiac glycoside resistance.
Don’t buy Propranolol if you have one of the following conditions:
- Increased sensitivity to its components;
- AV-block of II–III stage;
- Sinoatrial blockade;
- Bradycardia (less than 55 heartbeats per minute);
- Sick sinus syndrome;
- Low blood tension;
- Acute and severe heart failure;
- Prinzmetal angina pectoris;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Vascular occlusive disease;
- Bronchial asthma.
Limitations for use (use is possible only if a doctor approves):
- Chronic bronchitis;
- Rena or hepatic failure;
- Spastic colitis;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- Old age.
Inderal dosage information
Unless your doctor prescribes you an alternative regimen, you can follow the below-listed dosage regimens when you buy generic Propranolol.
The pills are taken 10-30 minutes before a meal with a sufficient amount of water.
Dosages for adults
- Arterial hypertension is treated with the initial dosage of 80 mg twice a day. If needed, the dosage can be phased up every week if a patient well tolerates the medication. The usual maintenance dosages are between 160 and 320 mg a day.
- Angina, agitation, migraine, and tremor are treated with the initial dosage of 40 mg taken twice or thrice a day. If needed, the dosage can be phased up every week if a patient well tolerates the medication. The usual maintenance dosages for angina are between 80 and 320 mg a day. The optimal dosages for agitation, migraine, and tremor are usually between 80 and 160 mg a day. For angina, the optimal dosage is between 120 and 240 mg a day.
- Arrhythmias, tachycardia of excitement, and thyrotoxicosis are usually treated with 10-40 mg three or four times a day.
- The long-term prophylaxis therapy after a myocardial infarction is started on the 5-21 day post infarction and the starting dosage is 40 mg our times a day for two-three days. Then, the dosage can be raised to 80 mg two times a day.
- Pheochromocytoma (only as a part of combined therapy) requires the use of 60 mg a day for three days prior to surgery. In inability to make surgery, 30 mg a day is used.
The dosages for senior patients do not require adjustments unless a patient suffers from a disease in which the use of the formulation is prohibited.
Dosages for children
The dosages for children are chosen individually by pediatricians. The schemes for dosages choosing are the following:
- Arrhythmia, pheochromocytoma, thyrotoxicosis: the formulation can be used for kids aged three years and older in the dosage of 0.25-0.5 mg per kg of body weight 3-4 times a day.
- Migraine: kids aged between three and twelve years are given 20 mg twice or thrice a day. Children older than 12 years should receive the standard adult dosages.
Symptoms and dangers of an overdose
The signs of an overdose are dizziness, drop of arterial tension, slow heart rate, arrhythmia, congestive heart failure, collapse, seizures, difficulty breathing, and bronchospasm.
The treatment includes gastric lavage, adsorbents use (e.g. activated carbon), and symptomatic therapy at a hospital with the administration of plasma solutions, epinephrine, dopamine, cardiac glycosides, beta-adrenergic receptors agonists, diuretics, glucagon, diazepam intravenously beta-adrenergic receptors agonists inhalation, and others.
If there is a violation of atrioventricular conductivity the installation of a temporary pacemaker can be needed.
Inderal adverse effects
When you order Inderal and start the course, you can develop the following negative reactions:
- Bradycardia, heart failure, AV-blockade, hypotension, impaired peripheral circulation, thrombocytopenic purpura, leukopenia, agranulocytosis;
- Dizziness, headache, insomnia, drowsiness, nightmares, decrease in the speed of mental and motor reactions, emotional lability, depression, agitation, hallucinations, disorientation in time and space, short-term amnesia, impaired sensitivity, paresthesia; dry eyes, visual disturbances;
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea or constipation, mesenteric artery thrombosis, ischemic colitis.
- Pharyngitis, chest pain, cough, shortness of breath, broncho-and laryngism, respiratory distress syndrome.
- Hair loss, skin rash, and itching, psoriasis aggravation;
- Withdrawal syndrome, low sex drive, impotence, allergic reactions, etc.
- Individuals with diabetes who use hypoglycemic medications should cautiously use Inderal as it can prolong the hypoglycemic reaction on insulin.
- Antiarrhythmic medications and Amiodarone can enhance the effect of Propranolol on the atrial conductibility time and cause a negative inotropic effect.
- The medication must be cautiously used during the course with cardio depressants such as chloroform, and others, and antiarrhythmic medications that enhance the depressive effects.
- The tension-lowering action of the formulation can be enhanced by Guanethidine, reserpine, diuretics and other antihypertensive medications.
- Digitalis glycosides, when used simultaneously with beta receptors blockers, can extend AV conductivity time.
- Severe drop in blood tension, slow heartbeat, and heart failure can develop in the use of the formulation with the blockers of calcium channels with negative inotropic action (e.g. verapamil).
- The intake of sympathomimetics, for instance, adrenalin, can block the effect of the formulation.
- The course of Inderal during the infusions of Lidocaine can elevate the level of the later by 30%. This combination of medications is contraindicated.
- The use of alcohol, cimetidine or hydralazine elevates the level of Inderal in the blood plasma.
- In the use of the medication along with Clonidine, Inderal must use must be discontinued few days before the discontinuation of Clonidine use as if another withdrawal scheme is used, withdrawal syndrome and enhanced hypertension can develop.
- There is a risk of vascular spasms in the use of the formulation with ergotamine, dihydroergotamine, or related medications.
- The inhibitors of prostaglandin synthesis (for example, ibuprofen and Indomethacin) may reduce the hypotensive effect of Propranolol.
- In the simultaneous use of Propranolol and chlorpromazine, the levels of both formulations in the blood plasma can develop. This can lead to an increase in the effect of both medications.
These are only some of the dangerous combinations of medications so if you use any medications when you order generic Inderal, inform your doctor about them.
The therapy must be done with regular medical control. In the long use of the medication, the possibility of additional use of cardiac glycosides should be considered.
The formulation lowers the compensatory cardiovascular reactions as a response to the use of general anesthesia. Thus, several days before the use of anesthetics is planed, the use of Inderal must be discontinued or an anesthetic with the least negative inotropic effect appointed.
Senior patients have a higher risk of negative effects from the part of the central nervous system.
In liver function impairment, a lowering of the dosages and medical supervision for the first four days is advised.
The medication can mask the symptoms of hypoglycemia in diabetic patients taking insulin and other hypoglycemic formulations.
The medication can cause an enhancement of hypersensitivity reaction and lack of effect from the regular dosages of epinephrine on the background of burdened allergic history.
During the therapy with Inderal, it is advised to avoid drinking alcohol.
The formulation must be cautiously used by drivers and people who operate any machinery as it can cause the slowing down of reaction speed.
The therapy with the medication must be stopped with the gradual lowering of the dosage during two weeks.
Where can you buy Inderal?
You can save a significant amount of money if you order generic Propranolol from our online pharmacy without Rx.
4RXStore ships all medications that we offer including Inderal all around the world including to the U.S., UK, and so on within 7-25 days. You can also enjoy free standard shipping if you order in bulk.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section