Generic Medication guide:
What is Lopressor and when is it used?
Novartis, a Swiss pharmaceutical company is the owner of the brand Lopressor. It is a brand under which a medicinal substance Metoprolol is sold. The substance has an antianginal, hypotensive, and antiarrhythmic effects.
You can buy Lopressor and use it for the therapy of:
- Moderate to serve arterial hypertension;
- Angina (including post-infarction);
- Ischemic heart disease;
- Prophylaxis of heart-related death and repeated myocardial infarction after an acute phase;
- Prevention of migraines;
- Mitral valve prolapse;
- Myocardial infarction;
- Akathisia induced by neuroleptics, and other heart diseases.
If you want to save on the therapy while getting the effect that is expected from Lopressor, you can buy generic Lopressor instead. It is the same formulation simply made and marketed by another company. For instance, we offer you the medication made by Cipla, a world-known and reputable generics maker.
The medication predominantly blocks beta 1 adrenergic receptors in the heart. It decreases cardiac output, slows the heartbeat, weakens the stimulating effect on the myocardium in physical exertion and mental overstrain, and avoids the occurrence of reflex postural tachycardia.
The tension-lowering effect of the medication is due to the drop in cardiac output, suppression of the activity of the renin-angiotensin system and the CNS, restoration of the responsiveness of baroreceptors, and, as a result, decreases in peripheral sympathetic influences.
The tension-lowering effect is quickly developed, it starts to manifest in 15 minutes, reaches the peak in two hours and lasts for 24 hours.
The angina treatment effect is a result of a diminishing in the rate and intensity of heart contractions, energy spending, and myocardial oxygen need. The formulation diminishes the incidence and severity of coronary artery disease exacerbations, the mortality rate in individuals with myocardial infarction, and potentiates the tolerance of stress.
When is Lopressor contraindicated?
- Increased sensitivity to the ingredients of the medication or other beta receptors blockers;
- Sino arterial block of II or III degrees;
- Heart failure with lung swelling, hypoperfusion or hypotension syndrome;
- Pronounced bradycardia (slow heartbeat);
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Potent peripheral circulatory disorders with pain or trophic changes;
- Lowered blood pressure;
- Asthma, a severe COPD;
- Metabolic acidosis,
- Untreated pheochromocytoma;
- Use of beta receptors agonists, MAO inhibitors or calcium antagonists or other antiarrhythmic drugs (disopyramide);
It is not advised to buy Metoprolol and use it unless a doctor approves in:
- Diabetes mellitus;
- Low blood sugar;
- History of severe allergy;
- Metabolic acidosis;
- Excessive production of thyroid hormone;
- Abnormalities of the liver and/or kidneys;
- General anesthesia use;
- Senior age and childhood.
The use of the formulation during pregnancy is possible if the anticipated benefits outweigh the risks.
Even if you buy generic Lopressor without Rx, it is still recommended to get a consultation of a medical practitioner to know what dosages and intake regimen would be the most suitable for you. Here you can find the general recommendations.
Lopressor is designed for daily use preferably in the first half of the day. The pills are to be taken without crushing and washed down with a sufficient amount of plain water.
When the dosage is adjusted, the control over heart rate to prevent bradycardia is needed. The highest dosage is 400 mg a day.
- Arterial hypertension is treated with 100 mg taken either once a day in the morning or split into two intakes. If the desired effect is not achieved with this dosage, it can be raised to 200 mg or the formulation use can be taken along with other tension-lowering medications.
- Angina is treated with the dosage of 50-100 mg taken twice or thrice a day. If needed, the formulation can be combined with other antianginal medications.
- Arrhythmia is treated with the dosage of 50 mg taken twice or thrice a day. If needed, the dosage can be raised to 300 mg split into several intakes.
- In myocardial infarction, the treatment is preferably started within the first twelve hours after the infarction. The recommended dosage is 50 mg very six hours for 48 hours. The maintenance dosage is 200 mg split into two intakes. The course should be at least three months.
- Hyperthyroidism (thyrotoxicosis) is treated with 50 mg taken four times a day. When the desired effect is achieved, the dose should be gradually reduced.
- Prophylaxis of migraines is done with 100-200 mg split into two intakes.
- Individuals with kidney failure do not require dosage adjustments.
- Individuals with moderate to severe liver dysfunction require dosage adjustments at doctor’s discretion.
- Senior patients do not require dosage adjustments unless they suffer from liver dysfunction.
The signs are: the drop of arterial tension, acute heart failure, slow heartbeat, AV-block, cardiogenic shock, spasm of bronchi, nausea, vomiting, seizures, coma, and so on.
The measures required include gastric lavage and symptomatic therapy in accordance with the symptoms.
Adverse effects of Lopressor
When you buy Metoprolol, you can expect to develop certain adverse reactions such as listed below:
- Thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, leukopenia;
- Weight gain;
- Sleep disturbance, drowsiness, insomnia, nightmares, depression, concentration disorder, memory disorders, amnesia, confusion, hallucinations, nervousness, anxiety;
- Lightheadedness, headache, paresthesias, disturbances of taste;
- Fuzzy vision, dry eye or conjunctival inflammation;
- The sensation of noise/ringing in the ears, hearing impairment;
- Postural disorders, cold limbs, bradycardia, AV-block, chest pain, arrhythmia, cardiac conduction disorders, low arterial tension, cardiogenic shock, tachycardia;
- Orthostatic hypotension, Raynaud's syndrome;
- Dyspnea on exertion, bronchospasm, rhinitis;
- Nausea, vomiting, ache in the abdomen, diarrhea, constipation, dry mouth, heartburn, bloating, hepatitis;
- Hypersensitivity reactions, including rash, urticaria, pruritus, erythema; photosensitivity, psoriasis, increased severity of psoriasis, enhanced sweating, hair loss; fat metabolism disorders;
- Muscle spasms, arthralgia, increased symptoms of intermittent claudication, muscle weakness;
- Impotence / sexual dysfunction, Peyronie's disease;
- Fatigue, peripheral edema;
- Abnormality on the part of liver function indicators, a drop in high-density lipoprotein cholesterol, and a raise in triglyceride levels at normal levels of total cholesterol.
Metoprolol can mask the signs of thyrotoxicosis, manifestations of latent diabetes.
- The blood tension-lowering effect of the medication is potentiated with sympatholytics, Nifedipine, hydralazine, and other blood-tension-lowering medications.
- When you buy generic Metoprolol, you should know that there is a risk of critical slowing down of the heart rate, arrhythmia, and drop of blood pressure below norm when the medication is combined with antiarrhythmic formulations and anesthetics.
- The formulation is incompatible with MAO inhibitors of type A.
- Digitalis preparations promote the slowdown of AV conduction.
- The use of Verapamil and Diltiazem intravenously with the antihypertensive medication can cause cardiac arrest.
- The effect of the medication is lowered by the use of beta-adrenergic receptors agonists, Aminophylline, estrogens, Indomethacin, and other NSAIDs.
- The formulation enhances and extends the action of antidepolarizing muscle relaxers.
- The consumption of alcohol with the medication causes a depressive effect on the CNS.
- Lopressor changes the effect of insulin and oral medications for diabetes increasing the risk of hypoglycemia.
- Oral birth control pills, cimetidine, ranitidine, and phenothiazines elevate the level of Metoprolol in the blood, Rifampicin diminishes its level.
- The formulation lowers the washing out of Lidocaine and action of beta 2 adrenergic receptors agonists.
Individuals with chronic heart failure can experience the worsening of myocardial compressibility as a result of the therapy with the formulation. This requires the use of cardiac glycosides or water pills with control over hemodynamic status. In case of worsening bradycardia or AV-block, the dose should be reduced or atropine should be introduced intravenously.
Individuals who have diabetes need the adjustment of antidiabetic medications when they order Lopressor and start using it.
If during the therapy with the formulation a surgery is needed, for anesthesia the formulation with the minimal negative inotropic effect should be chosen,
In a patient who has ever suffered from severe allergy, the lowered sensitivity to adrenaline or more intensive allergic reactions can occur during the use of Lopressor.
Where can you buy Lopressor?
The optimal place to get the medication from is our med store. We offer you to order generic Lopressor without Rx and at a price much lower than the branded medication.
We ship Lopressor to any country including Canada, Australia, UK, U.S., and so on. The standard shipping takes up to 25 days but if you need your pills sooner opt for express shipping that is from 7 to 14 days.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section