Generic Medication guide:
What is the medicinal product you can buy Micardis?
Micardis is a brand owned by a German pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim. The active substance sold under this name is an antihypertensive agent Telmisartan. The formulation was developed by the company that owns the brand and approved in 1999. However, now the exclusive patent had expired and other drug-makers can also use the formula to produce Telmisartan but they have to register other names to market it. If you want to buy Micardis at a lower price than your regular drugstores sell the branded medication, you should opt for generic Micardis and get it online.
The active agent of the formulation is an angiotensin receptor blocker, i.e. the blocker of the hormone that is responsible for persistent high blood tension. It can be prescribed for:
- Essential hypertension;
- Prophylaxis of cardiovascular diseases in individuals with severe manifestations of atherothrombotic cardiovascular diseases such as coronary heart disease, stroke, peripheral artery disease, etc.
- Prophylaxis of cardiovascular diseases in individuals with diabetes with complications.
The effect of the formulation is due to the depression of angiotensin II receptors of the 1st subtype. It suppresses the constriction effect of the hormone, drops aldosterone levels, enhances diuresis, washing out of sodium and chlorides, has a nephroprotective effect, and reduces albuminuria. It decreases the blood circulation in the kidneys by 10% without slowing down of glomerular filtration. In high doses, reduces the severity of myocardial hypertrophy, lowers the arterial tension without slowing down the heartbeat.
You can buy generic Micardis without a prescription from this web page but we advise you to get it and begin the course only if your physician or cardiologist prescribes you this medication.
Micardis contraindications for use
The formulation is contraindicated to be used in:
- Intolerance or allergy to the main or additional substances that make up the pills;
- Pregnancy or planned pregnancy;
- Obstructive bile duct disease.
- Severe liver failure.
- Therapy with Aliskiren-containing medications in individuals with diabetes or kidney dysfunction with cc less than 60 ml per minute.
The formulation is also not advised to be used in kids and adolescents younger than 18.
The tablets can be taken with or without food.
- Essential hypertension is treated with 40 mg a day but for some patients a dosage of 20 mg is sufficient. If during the use of the regular dosage the arterial tension isn’t lowered till the target zone, the daily dosage can be raised to 80 mg once a day. However, it is important to keep in mind that the optimal effect of the medication develops only in one to two months of uninterrupted use so the dosage should not be raised sooner. Besides, to achieve the optimal effect, the formulation can be combined with other tension-lowering medications such as thiazide diuretics.
- The prophylaxis of cardiovascular diseases is made with a dosage of 80 mg a day. The lower dosages effectiveness for the prophylaxis of diseases are not studied.
At the beginning of the prophylactic therapy, arterial pressure must be monitored as it can be lowered below the target and the alterations of dosages of formulations used for arterial pressure should be made.
- Senior patients do not require dosage adjustments.
- Individuals with kidney failure of mild to moderate severity do not require dosage adjustments. Patients with severe kidney failure are either not given the medication or are given the lowered dosage, for example, 20 mg a day.
- Individuals with mild to moderate liver failure should not use the dosages higher than 40 mg a day. Individuals with severe liver failure must not use the formulation.
If you have any chronic or acute conditions at the time you buy Telmisartan, inform your doctor as you may need a temporary or constant dosage adjustment.
The most pronounced symptoms of an overdose are a drop of arterial pressure and rapid heartbeat; also can develop bradycardia (slow heartbeat), fainting, raise of serum creatinine, and acute kidney failure.
The formulation isn’t washed out from the body with hemodialysis. A patient must be under a doctor’s supervision and receive symptomatic therapy. The treatment is based on the time that passed since an overdose and the severity of the symptoms. It is advised to induce vomiting and perform gastric lavage. Then sorbents such as activated carbon can be used.
The patient who overdosed must be monitored for serum electrolyte and creatinine levels. If a drop of blood tension occurs, the patient must be laid down and get procedures for normalization of fluid and electrolyte balance in the body.
Micardis adverse effects
The possible negative effects associated with the medication use are:
- Infectious diseases of the upper respiratory tract, infectious diseases of the urinary tract;
- Low hemoglobin, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia.
- Allergic reactions up to anaphylaxis;
- Hyperkalemia, hypoglycemia (in diabetes);
- Depression, insomnia, anxiety, sleepiness, vision impairment, vertigo, headache;
- Slow heart rate, rapid heart rate, low arterial tension, postural hypotension;
- Shortness of breath, cough.
- Pain in the abdomen, disorder of stool, bloating, vomiting, indigestion, dry mouth, abnormalities in liver function;
- Rash, erythema, angioedema, drug-induced dermatitis, toxic dermatitis, eczema, urticaria.
- Back pain (for example, sciatica), muscle cramps, arthralgia, pain in the limbs, pain in the tendons;
- Impaired kidneys function, including acute kidney failure.
- Chest pain, fatigue, flu-like symptoms;
- An elevation in the level of creatinine in the blood, of uric acid in the blood, and the level of liver enzymes, etc.
The likelihood of these disorders is higher if a patient has a predisposing disease.
The most notable interactions are:
- The formulation raises the level of Lithium and Digoxin in the blood.
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Micardis mutually enhance the effects of each other.
- In the simultaneous use of ACE inhibitors with any medications that elevate potassium in the blood, a risk for hyperkalemia occurs. The risk is especially high in patients with kidney failure.
Before you buy generic Telmisartan you should know that:
- During pregnancy antagonists of angiotensin II receptors must not be used. If a woman plans to get pregnant while undergoing antihypertensive therapy, her doctor must choose for her another medication that can be taken during pregnancy. If a woman gets pregnant while taking Micardis, once she discovers her pregnancy she must discontinue the medication use and start using other medications that are considered safe during gestation.
- The formulation must be cautiously used by individuals with symptomatic kidney blood pressure elevation induced by bilateral stenosis of the kidney arteries, low volume of circulating blood, stenosis of the aorta and mitral valve, in obstructive cardiomyopathy, moderate liver dysfunction, severe heart failure, ischemic heart disease, gastrointestinal diseases associated with bleeding.
- The medication can cause slowing down of reaction so it must be cautiously used by people who drive or whose work requires vigilance. It is preferable to refrain from such activities at least at the beginning of the course.
Where can you buy Micardis?
We offer you to order generic Micardis pills. This medication is identical to the branded one but costs less money so you can undergo the therapy much cheaper. Besides, we don’t ask for a prescription so you can also save on the visits to your doctor.
The shipping of Micardis is made internationally including to Canada, U.S., Australia, UK, and so on. The standard cheap shipping can take up to 25 days so if you need the pills sooner, opt for an express shipping which is around 7 days.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section