Generic Medication guide:
What is the medication you can under the name Microzide?
Microzide is nothing more than a trade name under which the substance Hydrochlorothiazide is marketed. It is a mild diuretic that is used for hypertension management and other conditions that are associated with water retention in the body.
The formulation is available not only this name. For instance, we offer you to buy Microzide generic version made by Cipla and sold under the name of the active agent Hydrochlorothiazide. Cipla is a world-known pharmaceutical company that specializes in the manufacturing of high-quality generics, i.e. precise copies of branded medications. The products made by the company are approved internationally and are no way inferior to the branded ones but cost much less money.
You can get the medication for:
- Arterial hypertension;
- Swelling caused by congestive heart failure, cirrhosis, chronic kidney failure, premenstrual syndrome, drug-induced water retention, and so on;
- Symptomatic treatment of nephrogenic diabetes insipidus (to reduce polyuria);
- Subcompensated forms of glaucoma;
- Prevention of the formation of kidney stones.
Please keep in mind that Microzide is not the only medication that can be appointed for the same conditions. We have a wide range of antihypertensive medications including diuretics so you can find the precise medication our healthcare provider prescribes to you.
Microzide principle of action
The medication diminishes the reuptake of chlorine and sodium and potentiates the washing out of magnesium ions, diminishes the washing out of calcium ions and uric acid. Inhibits the reactivity of the vascular wall in relation to the vasoconstrictor effects of mediators due to a reduction in the level of sodium ions in the cytoplasm of vascular myocytes, lowers the total peripheral resistance and arterial tension.
It can be combined with other antihypertensive medications to enhance the effect of blood tension lowering without enhancing diuresis.
Microzide prohibitions for use
Do not buy Hydrochlorothiazide if you have any of these conditions:
- Increased sensitivity to the active agent or other ingredients of the formulation;
- Severe kidney failure;
- Mechanical obstruction of the urinary tract;
- Severe liver failure, hepatic encephalopathy;
- Gout (severe forms);
- Decompensated diabetes;
- Violation of water-salt metabolism.
You can buy generic Microzide without a prescription at our online drugstore and get an instruction on how the pills are used from the section below but it is better to get individual instructions from your attending doctor.
The tablets are taken after a meal.
Since the formulation use contributes to the enhanced washing out of potassium and magnesium, the use of supplements with these minerals can be needed.
- Angioedema is treated with the initial dosage of 25-75 mg once a day or once in two days. The highest single dosage is 100 mg.
- Arterial hypertension is treated with the initial dosage of 25-50 mg once a day. In some individuals, the dosage of 12.5 mg is sufficient. If the initial dosage is insufficient, the daily dosage can be raised to 100 mg a day.
The hypotensive action of the formulation can be observed in 3-4 days but to achieve the optimal effect from three to four weeks can be needed. After the course is ceased, the tension-lowering effect is maintained for one week.
- Premenstrual swelling is treated with 25 mg a day. The dose should be taken from the start of the symptoms manifestation till the beginning of menstrual bleeding.
- Nephrogenic diabetes is treated with 50 mg a day. If necessary and if the formulation is well tolerated, the dosage can be raised to 100 mg.
- For the prevention of kidney stones formation, 50 mg are tan twice a day.
- To lower the intraocular pressure in glaucoma, 25 mg once in on to six days is used.
The dosage for kids older than two years is 1-2 mg per kilogram of the body mass. Based on the body mass, the average dosages for kids aged from two to twelve years are 37.5-100 mg a day. The dosage can be taken in a single or two intakes.
The manifestations of an overdose are thirst, nausea, tachycardia, fatigue, weakness, lightheadedness, impaired consciousness, drop of arterial pressure, slow heart rate, cardiac rhythm disturbance, spasms/convulsions, shock, alkalosis, raised levels urea nitrogen especially in individuals with kidney failure, and others.
Treatment includes symptomatic and supportive therapy, there is no specific antidote. Gastric lavage and the use of activated carbon to reduce absorption are recommended. In the drop of arterial pressure, the person should be laid down with the legs elevated. It is needed to compensate for the volume of liquids and to normalize electrolyte imbalance. If necessary, provide access to oxygen or artificial respiration. Water-electrolyte ratio and laboratory indicators of renal function should be under control until their normalization.
Microzide adverse effects
The possible negative effects from the formulation use include:
- Thrombocytopenia with/without purpura, hemolytic and aplastic anemia, hematocrit reduction, myelosuppression, and other blood disorders.
- Hypersensitivity reactions, anaphylaxis, angioedema (including edema of the face, lips, tongue, larynx, extremities, intestinal edema).
- elevated blood uric acid, which can induce gout exacerbation in individuals with a latent, symptomless disease, electrolyte imbalance, elevated blood lipid levels, gout, hyperglycemia, glycosuria, impaired glucose tolerance, diabetes, hypochloremic alkalosis; increased levels of urea and creatinine, liver enzymes and bilirubin, cholesterol, and triglycerides.
- Anxiety, depression, sleep disturbance, disorientation, drowsiness, changes in mood and psyche, nervousness.
- Lightheadedness, headache, paresthesias, convulsions, unusual fatigue and weakness, apathy, slowing down the process of thinking, consciousness, asthenia.
- Blurred vision, conjunctivitis, and secondary acute glaucoma.
- Vertigo, ringing in the ears.
- Arrhythmias, an orthostatic drop of arterial tension, fast heartbeat.
- Respiratory distress syndrome, swelling of the lungs.
- Anorexia, nausea, vomiting, stool disorders, dryness of the mouth, increased thirst, stomatitis, change in taste, pain/cramping in the epigastria, pancreatitis.
- Hepatic coma, jaundice, cholecystitis.
- Skin rash, pruritus, urticaria, dermatitis, toxic epidermal necrolysis, skin lupus-like reaction, alopecia.
- Сramps or muscle pain;
- Renal failure, interstitial nephritis, renal failure.
- Decrease in potency/impotence, fever, sialadenitis.
- It is advised to avoid using the formulation with Lithium as the level and toxicity of the later can increase.
- The formulation must be cautiously used with tension-lowering medications, cardiac glycosides, hypoglycemic oral medicines, corticosteroids, calcitonin, NSAIDs, non-depolarizing muscle relaxants, amantadine, Cholestyramine, alcohol, barbiturates, and potent analgesics, which potentiate the danger of postural drop of pressure.
Thiazide diuretics can lower the level of iodine bound with proteins.
Please note that these are not all interactions and you should consult a specialist if you use any medications when you plan to buy generic Hydrochlorothiazide.
During the long-term course with the formulation the thorough control over the signs of water-electrolyte imbalance must be performed mainly in individuals at high risk such as with cardiovascular system diseases and violated liver function; in dryness of the mouth, thirst, fatigue, anxiety, muscle pain or cramps, muscle weakness, drop of arterial tension, fast heartbeat, and others.
The course with the thiazide diuretics can impair glucose tolerance. So during the therapy in active or latent diabetes mellitus requires systematic control of carbohydrate metabolism; the need to change the dose of hypoglycemic medications can occur.
Where can you buy Microzide?
The optimal way to save your money and not overpay for the brand is to order generic Microzide from our pharmacy without going to your doctor for refill prescription every time you need to get a new portion of pills.
We perform Microzide shipping all over the world including to the countries where it is sold with prescriptions such as U.S., UK, and so on.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section