Generic Medication guide:
What is the medication sold as Moduretic? When is it prescribed?
The brand Moduretic is owned by the international pharmaceutical company Merck. The active agent of the medication is called Amiloride Hydrochlorothiazide. It is also used in other medications with other registered names than Moduretic. If you want to buy Moduretic cheap you should look for a generic version of the formulation. For instance, we offer generics made by reputable generic-making companies such as Cipla, Ranbaxy, and others that are identical to the branded medicines but are priced cheaper.
Amiloride Hydrochlorothiazide is hypotensive, potassium-sparing, diuretic, and natriuretic substance that is used for:
- High arterial pressure;
- Swellings caused by heart diseases;
- Ascites (liquid in the abdominal cavity) and swellings in liver cirrhosis;
- Conditions in which excessive potassium loss can occur, for instance, in intensive use of diuretics and when it is crucial to maintain normal potassium level in the body.
The formulation mainly affects the distal part of the renal tubules (located on the periphery of the kidney). It enhances the washing out of sodium and chlorine ions and reduces the washing out of potassium from the body. It has a diuretic (water pill) effect, but less powerful than thiazide diuretics.
The action begins 2 hours after ingestion and lasts up to 24 hours.
Moduretic prohibitions for use
Do not buy generic Moduretic if:
- You have a high level of potassium in the body known as hyperkalemia;
- You use other potassium-saving diuretics or other medications that elevate the level of potassium;
- You have kidney failure (inability to urinate, acute kidney failure, severe progressive kidney disease, and diabetic nephropathy;
- You have heightened sensitivity to any of the components of the formulation or other sulfanilamide medications.
The use is also not recommended during pregnancy and for children unless a doctor prescribes.
If you have any not listed here conditions, inform your healthcare provider about them anyway as they can influence the chosen dosage.
Unless your physician appoints you with another dosing regimen, you can follow the below instructions when you buy Amiloride Hydrochlorothiazide.
- Arterial hypertension is treated with one 5 mg pill a day taken once or split into equal parts and taken with at least 8-hour interval. In some patients, a half of a pill is sufficient a day. Alternatively, you can get a generic medication with a dosage of 2.5 a day and take either one or two pills a day depending on the potency of the antihypertensive effect and your tolerance of the medication.
- Swellings caused by heart diseases are treated with 5 mg a day. If needed, the dosage can be raised but it should not exceed 10 mg a day. The optimal dosage is identified by the achieved diuretic effect and level of potassium in the blood. Once the desired effect is achieved, the dosage can be lowered. For maintenance therapy, the formulation can be taken occasionally when needed and not daily.
- Liver cirrhosis with an accumulation of liquid in the abdominal cavity is treated with 5 mg once a day. If needed, the dosage can be raised till the desired diuretic effect is achieved but not above 10 mg. However, the maintenance dosages must be the minimum effective ones so once the desired diuresis and body mass loss is achieved, the daily dosage should be lowered.
The data on the overdose of the formulation are limited so here are listed only the possible adverse effects that can develop - dehydration and water-electrolyte imbalance. If hyperkalemia is developed, active measures to lower potassium in the blood should be done. If the symptoms are severe, the patient should seek emergency help.
Moduretic adverse effects
When you buy generic Amiloride Hydrochlorothiazide, you can develop the following adverse reactions:
- Headache, fatigue, malaise, pain in the chest, backache, fainting;
- Arrhythmia, fast heart rate, postural hypotension, stenocardia;
- Nausea, stool disorder, gastrointestinal tract bleeding, appetite disorders, feeling of fullness in the abdomen, flatulence, thirst, hiccups.
- Elevated potassium level, electrolyte imbalance, hyponatremia, gout, dehydration, symptomatic hyponatremia.
- Skin itching, rash, increased sweating, reddening of the skin;
- Pain in the legs, cramps, joints pain.
- Vertigo, stupor;
- Insomnia, irritability, confusion, depression, sleepiness, wheezing;
- Taste perversion, vision impairment, nasal congestion;
- Impotence, urination disorders, kidney dysfunction.
- Lithium is not advised to be combined with the formulation as its clearance is slowed down which leads to Lithium intoxication.
- NSAIDs combined with the formulation can provoke kidney failure and hyperkalemia. The risk is especially high in senior patients or patients with kidney dysfunction.
- ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, cyclosporine, and tacrolimus combined with the formulation can induce hyperkalemia with related symptoms.
This is not the complete list of interactions. If you take any medicinal products or plan to use them when you order Moduretic, consult your doctor or at least read the full interactions list in the package insert.
Hyperkalemia associated with the formulation use is most likely to develop in senior individuals, people with kidney function impairment, and when the medication is combined with other formulations that can separately cause the same effect (for instance, NSAIDs, diuretics).
During the course with the formulation, it is advised to avoid using any medications or supplements that can elevate potassium in the blood or potassium-rich food.
Thiazide diuretics can slow down the washing out of calcium with urine. They can also cause short-term raise of calcium level in the blood.
The use of the formulation can provoke the acceleration of azotemia development or its aggravation.
The formulation must be cautiously used by individuals with impaired liver function as even the slightest disorders of water-electrolyte imbalance can induce a hepatic coma.
Moduretic can activate or aggravate systemic lupus erythematosus.
During the course, it is advised not to consume alcohol.
The medication can cause sleepiness so it’s advised not to drive or operate any potentially dangerous equipment at the start of the therapy or when the dosages are raised.
Where can you buy Moduretic?
You can save a lot of money if instead of the branded medication purchase at a regular drugstore you order generic Moduretic at our online drugstore. We offer the lowest prices and offer only qualitative generics that correspond to the original formula so you may rest assured that you will get the qualitative treatment.
We offer worldwide Moduretic shipping. We ship all products to EU, UK, U.S., and so on. The shipping time is from 7 days (express) to 25 days (standard). The delivery is free if you order for $170 or more.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section