Generic Medication guide:
What is the formulation sold under the name Plavix and when is it used?
The name Plavix is registered by the French pharmaceutical company Sanofi Aventis. It is used to market a medicinal formulation with an unpatented name Clopidogrel.
The formulation is a pro-medication that is transformed in the body to metabolites which prevent the aggregation of platelets.
The use of the formulation is prescribed for the prophylaxis of cardiovascular diseases in adults who:
- Suffered from a myocardial infarction, stroke, artery disease;
- Suffer from a coronary syndrome;
- Suffer from unstable angina;
- Have had coronary angioplasty.
You can buy Plavix if your doctor prescribes but you should know that you can get the same medication at a lower price if you opt for a generic made by Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc. available at our online drugstore.
Clinical trials prove that in individuals with atrial fibrillation with risk factors for vascular complications who are unable to use indirect anticoagulants, the formulation with acetylsalicylic acid substantially diminished the likelihood of stroke, infarction, and other cardiovascular events.
Plavix prohibitions for use
Although the medication has a very beneficial effect for a person with the conditions it is aimed against, it is forbidden in the conditions it can do harm to a patient’s health such as:
- Intolerance of the active agent or any other auxiliary substance contained in the pills;
- Severe hepatic failure;
- Acute bleeding;
- Intolerance of galactose, lactose intolerance;
- Age fewer than eighteen.
You should buy generic Plavix in the below-listed conditions only if a doctor approves:
- Moderate liver failure with a possible proneness to bleeding;
- Kidney failure;
- Diseases inclination to bleedings (for instance, gastric ulcer);
- Use of anticoagulants or other medications that can cause bleeding (see the interactions section);
- History of allergy to other thienopyridine medications;
- Recent impairment of cerebrovascular circulation.
Adults are usually appointed 75 mg once a day without regards to meals.
Adults with the acute coronary syndrome are given the single dosage of 300 mg with a subsequent daily dosage of 75 mg. Additionally, acetylsalicylic acid is used in the dosage of 75-325 mg a day at a doctor’s discretion.
Senior patients and individuals with kidney failure do not require dosage adjustments.
Please note that these are the general dosages but it is always better to get personalized dosing from your cardiologist based on your conditions assessment, history of the disease, accompanying diseases, received treatment, and so on.
We offer you to buy Clopidogrel without a prescription but we account on your conscientiousness and understanding that it is a potent medication that has to be taken cautiously and only if a doctor prescribes it to you.
An overdose of the medication can contribute to the prolonged bleedings in any injuries. In case bleeding occurs, symptomatic treatment is implemented.
There is no antidote for the formulation. If there is a need of urgent correction of blood coagulation time, the action of Clopidogrel can be terminated by platelet transfusions.
Plavix adverse effects
The possible negative reactions that can accompany the medication use are:
- Blood composition disorders.
- Anaphylactic reactions, cross-hypersensitivity between thienopyridines;
- Hallucinations, confusion.
- Intracranial bleeding, headache, lightheadedness, change in taste.
- Bleeding in the eye.
- Hematoma, severe hemorrhage, vasculitis, drop of arterial pressure.
- Nosebleeds, respiratory tract bleedings (lung hemorrhages), bronchospasm.
- Digestive tract bleeding, diarrhea, abdominal ache, digestive tract ulcer, gastritis, nausea, constipation, flatulence, pancreas dysfunction, colitis.
- Acute liver failure.
- Hemorrhage, rash, pruritus, intracutaneous hemorrhage, bullous dermatitis, angioedema, rash, urticaria, erythematosus;
- Intramuscular hemorrhages (hemarthrosis), arthritis, myalgia.
- Hematuria, raised creatinine levels in the blood.
- Lengthening the bleeding time, reducing the number of neutrophils and platelets.
The use of the formulation with any medications that can cause bleeding is strictly not advised. Such formulations include heparin, warfarin, SSRIs, and others (see the full list in a package insert or consult a doctor).
The therapy with medications that can injure the mucosa of the digestive tract such as NSAIDs and others is also not recommended.
At the initiation of the course with the medication especially within the first days or post heart surgery, a control of patients for the signs of hemorrhages (bleedings) including hidden is required.
Due to the risks of bleedings and blood disorders, in case any clinical signs occur, an urgent general blood test and other necessary blood tests are required.
The formulation must be cautiously used in individuals with a high risk of bleedings such as injuries, traumas, surgeries, using medications that can cause bleedings, and so on.
Before a surgery, if there is no need for antiplatelet effect, one week prior to the operation the use of Plavix must be discontinued.
Where can you buy Plavix?
You can order generic Plavix from this web page to get the highest quality medication at a lower price than the branded one and without Rx.
Plavix shipping offered by our drugstore is available internationally within 7-25 days. We ship to the UK, U.S., EU, Canada, Australia, and so on.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section