Generic Medication guide:
What is the medication named Eulexin?
Eulexin is one of the trademarks for the active substance Flutamide. This substance is also available under other names when marketed by different manufacturers.
Flutamide is an antiandrogenic and antitumor agent. It concurrently blocks androgenic receptors of target tissue cells and interferes with androgen binding to them, prevents the manifestation of the biological effects of androgens in androgen-sensitive organs (including the prostate gland and seminal vesicles). After taking Flutamide, plasma testosterone and estradiol levels increase. The ability of the formulation to inhibit the action of testosterone at the cellular level serves as an addition to medical castration induced by analogs of gonadotropin-releasing hormone.
You can buy Eulexin if your doctor prescribes it to you for:
- Monotherapy or combination therapy of prostate cancer;
- As a part of combination therapy with luteinizing hormone agonists, gonadotropin-releasing hormone in patients who have not previously been prescribed any treatment or treatment for patients who do not respond or who have developed resistance to or intolerance to hormone therapy in order to achieve maximum androgen blockade.
- Palliative therapy of patients for whom other treatment methods are unsuitable.
The medication contributes to the tumor size reduction, increased tumor control and an increase in the period between exacerbations of the disease.
Contraindications for Eulexin use
- The use of the medication is prohibited in increased sensitivity to the medication’s components;
- Severe liver failure (the level of liver enzymes must be assessed before treatment);
- Young age.
The formulation can be used but cautiously in:
- Cardiovascular diseases;
- Tendency to thrombosis;
- Reduced liver function.
To save on the treatment you can buy generic Eulexin which is the same medication sold under another name and cheaper but before make sure that the medication is not contraindicated for you by undergoing all necessary tests and informing your healthcare provider about all existing or previous health conditions as well as medications that you take.
Eulexin adverse effects
- Gynecomastia and/or tenderness in the area of the mammary glands,
- Galactorrhea (spontaneous flow of milk from the breast),
- Fluid retention (swelling),
- Low sex drive,
- Erectile dysfunction,
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, increased or lack of appetite, impaired liver function and/or kidneys, jaundice,
- Insomnia, headache, paresthesia,
- Allergic reactions, subcutaneous hemorrhages, lupus-like syndrome, spermatogenesis suppression (with long-term treatment).
The adverse reactions are reversible and go away after the dosage reduction or discontinuation of the medication use. But if you develop any allergic reaction, you must immediately inform your doctor as in this case most likely the treatment must be discontinued.
Eulexin dosages and use regimen
Here you can find the general recommendations on the medication use but it is highly preferable to get personal instructions from your oncologist before you buy Flutamide and start the therapy.
The pills are taken orally after a meal. The daily dosage is 750 mg which means that three pills a day are taken.
In combination therapy with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists, the use of the medication can be started simultaneously or 3 days before the start of therapy with gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists.
When using radiation therapy, it is necessary to start using Flutamide eight weeks before it begins and continue throughout the entire course of radiation therapy.
In case of overdose, if no vomiting occurs, it must be induced. Control over the vital functions and symptomatic therapy are also required.
Interactions of Eulexin with other substances
- In individuals receiving therapy with warfarin along with the anti-tumor medication was noted an increase in prothrombin time. Therefore, it is necessary to make the selection of the optimal dose of anticoagulant.
- In the combined use of Flutamide with Theophylline, an increase of the latter’s concentration in the blood is possible.
- The medication should not be used with any medications that render a toxic effect on the liver.
- The medication can negatively interact with paracetamol and opioid analgesics.
- The medication can slow down the metabolism of corticosteroids.
- During the therapy, it is advised to refrain from alcohol use.
- The use of the medication can extend the QT interval so it shouldn’t be combined with any other drugs that can extend QT interval or cause flutter such as quinidine, disopyramide or miodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, ibutilide, antiarrhythmic drugs, methadone, Moxifloxacin, antipsychotics, etc. If the use of these medications is required, it is necessary to assess the risks carefully and adjust the dosages respectively.
- When you buy generic Flutamide, you should know that liver function must be controlled regularly – once a month for the first four months of the therapy. If the liver enzymes increase 2-3 fold compared to the upper limit of normal values and/or the appearance of jaundice in the absence of liver metastases, the use of Flutamide should be discontinued. When the first symptoms of an abnormal liver function appear, such as itching, dark urine, nausea, vomiting, persistent loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin or white of the eyes, painful sensations in the upper right side of the abdomen or flu-like symptoms of unknown origin, you must consult a doctor immediately.
- The medication must be used only by men and during the therapy reliable contraception methods must be used.
- Individuals with impaired kidney function must be under thorough control while taking the medication.
- The medication and other drugs for chemical castration must be taken together if prescribed and their use mustn’t be discontinued without a doctor’s directions.
- In the case of cyanosis, it is necessary to check the patient for the presence of methemoglobinemia, which may develop with overdose.
- In patients who have not undergone an orchiectomy (removal of testicles) procedure, in prolonged medication use, it is necessary to periodically determine the number of spermatozoa.
- Since the medication use increases the level of testosterone and estradiol in the blood plasma, fluid retention in the body tissues is possible so the formulation must be cautiously used in individuals with heart diseases. Besides, the higher level of estradiol can increase the risk of thromboembolism.
- In long-term intake of Flutamide, oligospermia (insufficient sperm count for fertilization) may occur. In this case, it is advisable to conduct a quantitative analysis of sperm.
You can order Eulexin without a prescription from our med store but it is still highly advised to use only the medications your doctor prescribes.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section