Generic Medication guide:
What is Danocrine and when is it used?
The name Danocrine is just a trade name for the medicinal substance Danazol. It is a synthetic steroid derived from ethisterone. The medication is used for a variety of conditions including endometriosis and benign cystic fibrosis mastopathy. If you want to buy Danocrine cheap you can opt for a generic version made by Serum Pharmaceuticals available at our drugstore.
Short drug info
Danatrol, Danocrine, Danol, Danoval, others
Routes of administration
US: X (Contraindicated)
AU: S4 (Prescription only)
UK: POM (Prescription only)
Androgen; Anabolic steroid; Progestin; Progestogen; Antigonadotropin; Steroidogenesis inhibitor; Antiestrogen
The medication has the following pharmacological properties:
Pharmacokinetics of Danazol
Saturable with dosage, higher with food intake
Short-term use: 3–10 hours
Long-term use: 24–26 hours
It has a relatively pronounced similarity to androgen receptors. Danazol has antiandrogenic, progestogen, antiprogestogen, estrogen and antiestrogen properties.
Danazol interferes with the formation of sex steroid hormones, possibly by inhibiting steroidogenesis enzymes. In women, it suppresses the activity of the ovaries and inhibits ovulation.
In endometriosis, it stops the process and relieves pain caused by the disease.
In benign fibrocystic breast changes, Danazol reduces or completely eliminates the nodes and relieves pain.
The inhibitory effect of the medication on the hormones is invertible – their activity is usually restored within two-three months after the course discontinuation.
Indications for Danocrine use
You can buy generic Danocrine if your doctor prescribes it to you for:
- Endometriosis with concomitant infertility;
- Benign neoplasms of the mammary gland (fibrocystic mastopathy);
- Primary menorrhagia;
- Premenstrual syndrome;
- Primary premature puberty;
- Prophylaxis of exacerbations in inheritable angioedema.
Contraindications for Danocrine use
- Severe impairment of liver, kidney, or heart function.
- Thrombus formation, including in history.
- Androgen-dependent tumor.
- Vaginal bleeding of unknown origin.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Application restrictions (use is allowed under doctor’s control):
- Violation of the plasma mechanisms of hemostasis;
- Old age.
Dosages of Danocrine
When you buy Danazol, you should use it as prescribed by your doctor. Here you can find the general recommendations:
The therapy implies a continuous use of the medication, the dose is determined depending on the severity of the condition and response of an individual to the therapy. In the case of satisfactory effectiveness, a lowering in the therapeutic dose is allowed. In women of fertile age, the medication use is begun during period, desirably, on its first day, in order to prevent the possible effect of the formulation on pregnancy. In case of doubt, an appropriate examination should be done before to exclude the possibility of pregnancy. Through the entire course, women of fertile age must use non-hormonal contraceptives.
- Endometriosis: 200- 800 mg a day are taken from three months to half of a year without interruptions. If normal cyclic bleeding is continued after eight weeks, of the course, the dosage should be raised. In severe forms of the disease, it may be needed to prescribe high doses of the formulation (not more than 800 mg per day).
- Benign cystic fibrous mastopathy: The initial dose should be 300 mg per day for from 3 to 6 months.
Adverse reactions of Danocrine
When you buy Danazol, you should know that it can cause certain negative effects such as:
- Androgenic effects: enhanced appetite and body mass raise, the appearance of acne, seborrhea, excessive body hair growth, hair loss, pharyngitis, voice changes such as hoarseness, instability, or decreased voice timbre. Rarely - clitoral hypertrophy (growth), swelling.
- Other endocrine disorders: menstrual irregularities such as intermenstrual bleeding, changes in cycle length, and amenorrhea. Cyclic bleeding and ovulation are usually restored within two-three months after discontinuing Danazol, but persistent amenorrhea (lack of menstruation) can sometimes occur. Hyperemia, vaginal dryness, a change in sexual desire, the sensitivity of the mammary glands and a diminishing in their size may indicate a drop in estrogen levels.
- In diabetes, insulin resistance may enhance. However, in patients who were not diabetic, symptomatic hypoglycemia was also observed for increasing plasma glucagon levels.
- Danazol can worsen epilepsy and cause the development of the condition in individuals predisposed to epilepsy.
- On the part of the skin: rashes, urticaria, swelling of the face. Concomitant fever was also observed. Light-sensitive rashes were rarely observed.
- Musculoskeletal disorders. Back pain, muscle cramps (sometimes severe), tremors, pain in the limbs, pain, and swelling of the joints.
- Cardiovascular Disorders: elevated arterial pressure, irregular or rapid heart rate. - Thrombotic phenomena: thrombosis of blood vessels, arterial thrombosis.
- Mild intracranial hypertension, impaired vision, such as blurred vision, impaired refraction which needs correction.
- Hematologic disorders: a raise in the number of red blood cells and platelets, thrombocytopenia, eosinophilia, leukopenia, hemorrhage in the spleen, reverse polycythemia.
- Hepatopancreatic disorders: an isolated elevation in serum transaminases, yellowing of the skin, benign liver adenoma, and pancreatitis. - Danazol can trigger migraines.
- Mental reactions: emotional imbalance, anxiety, depression, irritability, dizziness, nausea, headache, fatigue, and pleural pain were observed.
- Metabolic disorders: temporary changes in the balance of fats were observed in women.
- In long-term use of the formulation in individuals with inheritable angioedema, hematuria was rarely observed. Cases of interstitial pneumonitis have been reported.
Overdose of Danazol
Existing data suggest that an acute overdose does not lead to immediate serious reactions. Measures should be taken to reduce absorption by the use of activated carbon. Monitoring is needed for possible delayed reactions.
Interaction with other medicines
When you buy generic Danazol, make sure you don’t take any medicines it is incompatible with.
- Anticonvulsant drugs. The formulation can raise the level of Carbamazepine in plasma and can affect the patient's reaction to this drug and Phenytoin. A similar effect in the combination with Phenobarbital is also suspected.
- Antidiabetic medicines: the medication may cause insulin resistance.
- Oral anticoagulants: the medication can enhance the effect of warfarin.
- Antihypertensive drugs: Perhaps through promoting fluid retention in the body, Danazol may lower the effectiveness of blood tension-lowering medicines.
- Cyclosporine and tacrolimus: the medication may raise plasma cyclosporine and tacrolimus levels, causing an increase in nephrotoxicity of these medicines.
- The simultaneous use of steroid drugs: although such cases have not been reported, the interaction of Danazol with sex steroids is quite possible.
- Migraine treatment: Danazol can itself provoke the development of migraine and, possibly, lower the effectiveness of drugs used to prevent migraine.
- Ethanol: individual intolerance has been reported, which is expressed as nausea and shortness of breath.
- Alfacalcidol: the medication can enhance the calcium response in low levels of parathyroid hormone, which leads to the need to lower the dose of Alfacalcidol.
Special recommendations for Danazol use
- The medication use may result in false laboratory tests’ results for testosterone or plasma proteins.
- Patients of advanced age are not advised to use this medication.
- If women develop male-pattern hair growth and other masculine physical traits, Danazol use should be ceased. In general, androgenic reactions are reversible, but with continued use of the formulation against the noticeable changes, they can be irreversible.
- You should stop taking Danazol if there are clinically significant side effects, especially such as swelling of the optic nerve head, headache, visual impairment or symptoms of increased intracranial pressure, skin yellowing, or other signs of impaired liver function, thrombosis.
- If it is necessary to re-prescribe a course of therapy, care should be taken, since there are no data on the safety of repeated courses of therapy in time dynamics.
- In long-term use of the formulation, there is a risk of developing benign liver adenoma and liver carcinoma.
- Taking into account the pharmacological properties of Danazol, and adverse reactions, special care should be taken when using Danocrine for individuals with liver or kidney disease, high arterial tension, or another disease of the cardiovascular system and with any condition, may worsen with fluid retention in the body, as well as for the therapy of individuals with diabetes, polycythemia, epilepsy, imbalance of lipoproteins, with severe or persistent androgen reaction to other therapy sex steroid hormones.
- Caution is required when using the drug for patients who have such a concomitant disease as migraine.
- In the absence of more detailed data, caution is advised when prescribing Danazol to individuals with a diagnosed or suspected cancerous tumor. Before starting treatment, at least a thorough clinical examination should be made to eliminate the possibility of hormone-dependent breast cancer presence. Such an examination is also carried out if, during treatment with Danazol, the nodules in the mammary gland do not disappear or enlarge.
- In addition to the clinical monitoring of all patients, it is advised to perform laboratory tests such as blood tests for liver function and hematological status. If the treatment is continued for more than half of a year or in several courses, it is advised to conduct an ultrasound examination of the liver 2 times a year.
- The medication should be prescribed in a minimally effective dose.
- Women of fertile age must use reliable non-hormonal birth control while using Danocrine. Effect on the reaction rate when driving vehicles or other mechanisms During the period of therapy, it is advised to refrain from activities that require concentration.
Our doctor prescribes online for free, and there is no doctor’s consultation fee.
All orders arrive in discrete unmarked parcels. We leave the shipment description blank.
For more answers see the FAQ section